Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

**Sold - Portis Fedora 7 1/8

DJH

I'll Lock Up
This is another hat that is really cool that doesn't get worn much by me.

This Portis is a model called The New Slant. I believe this was a reference to the way the hat was creased. As it happens, this one was reblocked by Optimo in Chicago at some point and the original crease is no more. As part of the refurbishment, the original sweatband was replaced with one of the super soft Optimo ones - I have the original and will include it with the hat. The original liner is still in place.

The beautiful grey felt isn't perfect - you can see signs of the original factory crease for example - but this is a hat with real character. you can see some marks here and there, but there doesn't seem to be any moth damage.

Check out the super cool ribbon.

The brim is 2 1/2 wide with a narrow binding. The crown height is about 5 1/4 - a little low for me, compared to the hats I usually wear. I'd say the size is a true 7 1/8.

If you are looking for a cool, rare but very stylish hat this could be for you.

The price is $79.00 including shipping in these Continental United States. Send me a PM if you want it.

D329519-L.jpg

D329524-L.jpg

D329527-L.jpg

D329529-L.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy