Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SOLD--Royal Stetson Whippet Bluegrass Green 7-1/8 OPS

rlk

I'll Lock Up
P1030133.JPG
P1030127.JPG

P1030126.JPG
P1030131.JPG

P1030128.JPG
P1030129.JPG

A Genuine Whippet in the desirable and seldom seen Bluegrass Green. Dates from '51-'53(OPS). Excellent condition. Signs of a diamond crease but no noticeable wear.

One day preBay offering for $260.00 shipped Cont'l USA.

Last edited:

mattface

Practically Family
You know that looks a dead ringer for my Stetson Royal which is not labeled a Whippet. I did not know that color was called bluegrass green! Cool to know. It's a very grey green, sometimes I can't even tell it's green until I put it next to a true grey.

I'm wanting a Camp Draft in Bluegrass Green, but I'm thinking Akubra's Bluegrass is a greener green.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Its quite green with blue overtones not gray. The low wattage small incandescent bulb causes the effect even if you try to compensate. Much more blue in daylight. Best representation is the liner photo.

mattface

Practically Family
Its quite green with blue overtones not gray. The low wattage small incandescent bulb causes the effect even if you try to compensate. Much more blue in daylight. Best representation is the liner photo.

I have the same problem photographing hats. Mine always come out washed out, and for whatever reason the liner shot usually gives the best representation of the color.

Congrats on the sale and to the lucky owner. Beautiful hat!

@ Chris, I think I may be set for that type of hat in this(ish) color with my Stetson Royal, and your champ is a nice version in a much lighter color, but I do intend to buy a bluegrass Camp Draft as soon as I'm flush enough. If you want one as well maybe we can combine an order and save on shipping. I'm thinking likely in January which happens to coincide with my birthday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn