Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Some Art Deco china

Lucky Strike

A-List Customer
Some Susie Cooper for your viewing pleasure:

35514-1.jpg

Other deco porcelain, mostly Norwegian (I think I may have posted these pics here before, but I suppose they will stand re-posting):

32709-42.jpg

32709-77.jpg

32709-27.jpg

32709-38.jpg

61162-10.jpg

63653-1.jpg

32709-48.jpg

32709-5.jpg

32709-6.jpg

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Salv said:
We went there once before in October 1991.......... I don't know what it's like today
South Miami Beach is America's Riviera, dripping of Art Deco. In '91, it was a slum.

Salv

One Too Many
Tomasso said:
South Miami Beach is America's Riviera, dripping of Art Deco. In '91, it was a slum.

I'm having a hard time deciding if you're being ironic - it didn't feel like a slum when we were there, and in fact it was one of the best holidays we've ever had. The French Riviera has long been home to the more-wealth-than-taste classes of Europe, so comparing South Beach to that is something of a back-handed compliment.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Is modern Fiestaware close to the original? Are there colours still being made close to what was sold in the '30s? I love the Deco look of it (especially the pitchers and serving pieces) combined with being able to buy it in Target... are there other classic pieces/makes/patterns/whatever in a similar price point still being made?

We're registering for our wedding next year and I'd like to do something practical and so far the two running-away favorites are Fiestaware in the lead for cute + practical and Corelle coming up close behind for all-but-unkillable. When does that blue Corningware flower date to?

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Wow, Foofoo, that's a great site, thanks.

Looks like what I suspected: the tangerine I like so much is nowhere near original. But the yellow is! Hooray. And yellow is probably easier to coordinate with things.

tuppence

Practically Family
Kitty_Sheridan said:
Yum to all of the above....

I have several part tea sets and dinner services-I have been told 'no more' hm..what he doesn't see....:)

Love the Shelley, very smart. I have some nice cheap Paragon sets, and I love Meakin!!!!

I go for stuff I can use and apart from the Woods Ware in Beryl, (love it) I use a Meakin set called 'Glamour'

Yummy.

K

I also love Meakin,because I just don't trust myself with expensive stuff. My everyday set consists of a mixture of solid greens and pinks from Grindley, Johnsons and a few pieces of Glamour(pink?) from Meakin as well.

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
Fleur De Guerre said:
I just bought this art deco Midwinter tea set, but I can't find out the pattern name... anyone know?

I probably won't use it since it's crazed, but for £4 I couldn't refuse!

4005598039_b64d1defff.jpg

Oh Fleur, I adore that set! It's so striking and fun, and what a bargain!

Foofoogal

Banned
Fleur, that is fabulous. I think at this point Art Deco china should be seen as sculpture Art instead of utilitarian.
I could easily sell all of my vintage and buy nothing but Art Deco. Even the Japanese china that is so colorful is devine to me.
I seem to run across alot of it even here in USA. I think it follows me home. lol

I will be looking of course for your set. I think starting with the shape of the sandwich plate would help. Very unique edge. or the handle may narrow it down.

Binkie, congratulations on your finding your pieces.

http://sandysfancypants.blogspot.com

clubwitsend

Practically Family
Fleur De Guerre said:
I just bought this art deco Midwinter tea set, but I can't find out the pattern name... anyone know?

I probably won't use it since it's crazed, but for £4 I couldn't refuse!

4005598039_b64d1defff.jpg

what an amazing find!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails