Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Some bad news (now getting better!)

ScottyBlues

Familiar Face
First things first, take care of yourself and your health. As much as we all want more hats, we want you to be alive and well more. You've given so much to those of us who are lucky to have some of your hats.

I've had some heart trouble and luckily dodged 2 heart attacks. I now have 3 stents trying to keep key arteries open. That experience definitely changed my priorities and make me pay more attention to the things that really matter.

Get well, and let us know if there's anything we can do to help you feel better.

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
Alright, you old coot! Enough with the slackin' off! Get yer arse BACK in that shop and git 'er done! Then, after finishin' off EVERY order you got, I demand that you go out and log at least TEN acres! Then, and maybe after a light lunch of deep fried Yak, you MUST drive that herd of horse flesh from yer place on over to ol' KC! And no lo-llygaggin'! You got to five o'clock to get this done. I don't want no excuses. I don't want no whinin' about chest pains! You got that! Alright then.

All this from the chubby guy in the club chair with the Marlboro hangin' from his lip and a weeks worth of dishes in the sink. ;)

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Art, sorry to hear this. I hope the doctors figure this out soon so you can be on the road to recovery. Mystery ailments can be so frustrating, I know. Take it easy, and get well.

Brad

Stan

A-List Customer
Looks like you're gonna need a crawler!

Mr. Lucky said:
Alright, you old coot! Enough with the slackin' off! Get yer arse BACK in that shop and git 'er done! Then, after finishin' off EVERY order you got, I demand that you go out and log at least TEN acres! Then, and maybe after a light lunch of deep fried Yak, you MUST drive that herd of horse flesh from yer place on over to ol' KC! And no lo-llygaggin'! You got to five o'clock to get this done. I don't want no excuses. I don't want no whinin' about chest pains! You got that! Alright then.

All this from the chubby guy in the club chair with the Marlboro hangin' from his lip and a weeks worth of dishes in the sink. ;)

HA!!

Loggin' ten acres! Yeah! I have a buddy up in Washington that has an old John Deere crawler for sale. You want me to hook you up so you can get to that loggin'?? lol

See, what you need to do is come vist me in NC, and you can sit on a tractor and watch *me* log using my old John Deere Crawler!

Aw. To heck with loggin'. Them trees can stay put for awhile longer, I think!

What we can do, is we can head off to my riverbank in the old WWII army jeep and fish for some Catfish. I'll pan fry them up in a little olive oil, steam up some rice and have some garden peas and corn. Mmmmm.

All you gotta do is sit in the lawn chair and listen for the bell to ring on the old catfishin' pole!

Too dang bad it's so far from there to here!

Man, I think I might have to take a day off from work myself and catch me some of them kittyfish. Mmmmmm.

Hmm. We don't seem to have a :drool: icon! I think we *need* one o' them! :D

Later!

Stan - still chuckling over the fried yak, there! lol

Boxerken

One of the Regulars
Art, from the conversations that you and I have had I know your not one to set still for long, as a matter of fact you sound like me. But take a load off and relax and take care of your health thats #1. Your doing exactly the right thing, this merry-go-round only goes around once, and you have plenty of time after your feeling better to go back to doing what you love. I wish you the BEST my friend, long life and happiness. Anything that i could ever do for you dont hesitate to ask.

warbird

One Too Many
Rest, take care and get to feeling better.

Art, as much as it pains me to say as a sometimes smoker, at some point it may be best to quit and be done with it.

You are much more important to your family, and this community I'm sure, than your hats. Work on the hats or do whatever you can do at a leisure, for fun, or go fishing.

Do something you like and do it in a relaxed, not I have to get this done, frame of mind.

Success often only brings more stress and less leisure, not less stress and more leisure. You have been down that road before and I think I recall you moved out of LA and to Oregon for a less stressful and more leisured pace. Don't allow the great success of your hats to become the bane of your existence.

As someone who lives the greatest life for me, I spend my life hunting and shooting, anything can become stressful if demands are placed on them.

Enjoy your time away for a bit and enjoy your semi-retirement. I would love to have an Art hat someday and it won't happen if you run yourself out or burnout.

Just my 2c and prayers are sent along with.

blade runner

New in Town
Take care, Art. I started having a problem with chest pains years ago, but it turned out to be acid reflux. I hope your issues are no more serious and are resolved quickly. As everyone has said, your health is far more important than our hats. Sitting still might be as stressful for a guy like you as being too busy, but maybe you can find some simple things to occupy your time that won't be stressful or strenuous (knitting, maybe?;) ). We're all pulling for you.

Paul

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Gents and Ladies,
First, please know how much I appreciate your comments, advice & sentiments. I shake my head with amazement almost every day not only that I have been given the opportunity to do what I love to do, but not have to leave my home to do it! I just have a hard time wondering what we ever did before the internet, not only with it's commerce abilities, but the friendships born of it. This thread is a perfect example of what I speak. Of the respondents here, I have only met a few, yet we are friends. How cool is that???

Mr. Lucky, your comments are exactly what I need!! What was I thinking taking a day off?? There is just WAY too much to do here to be sick. Don't worry, I'll dock my timecard accordingly. :D

Honestly folks, I'm going to be fine, I truly believe that. For me it's really just taking the initiative to find out what's wrong and then fixing it. I know, it sounds like a simple approach, but that's who I am and how I go about things. When, in Dec 2005 I announced here on the Lounge that I would start making hats for the general public I also stated that if I ever got bored or if it ever became a "job" I would again retire and move to something else. So far, neither has happened and I don't expect it to any time soon , so, if HE sees fit, I'll be here a while longer. No worries Mates

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
Art Fawcett said:
Gents and Ladies,
First, please know how much I appreciate your comments, advice & sentiments. I shake my head with amazement almost every day not only that I have been given the opportunity to do what I love to do, but not have to leave my home to do it! I just have a hard time wondering what we ever did before the internet, not only with it's commerce abilities, but the friendships born of it. This thread is a perfect example of what I speak. Of the respondents here, I have only met a few, yet we are friends. How cool is that???

Mr. Lucky, your comments are exactly what I need!! What was I thinking taking a day off?? There is just WAY too much to do here to be sick. Don't worry, I'll dock my timecard accordingly. :D

Honestly folks, I'm going to be fine, I truly believe that. For me it's really just taking the initiative to find out what's wrong and then fixing it. I know, it sounds like a simple approach, but that's who I am and how I go about things. When, in Dec 2005 I announced here on the Lounge that I would start making hats for the general public I also stated that if I ever got bored or if it ever became a "job" I would again retire and move to something else. So far, neither has happened and I don't expect it to any time soon , so, if HE sees fit, I'll be here a while longer. No worries Mates

Art,
I'm sure you know this, but attitude is the bulk of the treatment. I've never met you in person, but all of us on the Lounge here know you have one heck of a will and one of the strongest mentalities. You say you're going to be fine, and you will. That frame of mind by itself will accomplish a lot. I've seen several good examples of this myself in my own life.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
You have to pull back those ponies with the reigns...

Look, I begged you to NOT move to Oregon and abandon me. We haven't had our Wednesday lunch since you did that.

Second, I TOLD you that planting a "cash crop" would be dangerous, especially when you deliberately stand down wind on those "controlled burn days":p No wonder you feel "crazy". Reefer dude.

Third, you only have 24 hours in a day. Didn't we discuss that moving farther from the equator (California to Oregon) does NOT warp time 'cause the latitude line is shorter as you move North? You have to adjust your time clock bud!

Fourth, didn't I TELL you to plant some rose bushes? Not just for Janene and Bev, but for you to STOP AND SMELL THE ROSES?

Get better my dear friend.....I am dialing the cell phone now!:eek: :eek:

mingoslim

Practically Family
Just like most everyone else

I want you to take it easy . . .
Mind you, once you are up to full speed, I want to order more hats . . . but there is plenty of time for that :)

For now . . . do what the doctor tells you . . .

cooncatbob

Practically Family
Our hopes and prayers are with you my friend.
Take this as a opportunity to go fishing or otherwise enjoy the beautiful area that you live in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot