Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Some finds this past weekend -

cmjordan77

One of the Regulars
Hi,
I just wanted to add a post of what I found this past weekend. It was really a neat day of finds.
I found a full 'safari' type LL BEAN jacket, & pants from the 30's, 40's.
The jacket button up, and just 1 layer of khaki. Its in great condition, and around a 44-46 mens, and the pants are 38 - 40 waist, 32 length. There are no stains, no holes.
Also, I found a nice Peterson?? jacket, of the same Khaki type single layer. Its a button up as well, size 46. This jacket is from the 40's, 50's, maybe early 60's, but my guess is from the 40's - 50's
I found also a nice pair of Khaki Trousers from the 30's/early 40's. I cant remember the name on the pants, but when I go home tonight, I will reply back and list the pants maker. The nice thing is the size as they are 38, 40 waist, 32 length.
2 more items I found are really cool. They are Safari clothes (in seriously mint shape), 1 is a short sleeve button up khaki shirt, and the other is a long sleeved button up shirt. These are from the 50's maybe 60's. I doubt they are from the 40's, I dont know exactly, but I sure would love to. They are made in KENYA Africa. They are reallyl nice and size 44 & 46.
The last thing I found was an old ORVIS FISHING/TACKLE Shirt. I think its from the 60's, possibly 50's. Its in beautiful shape as well. Its long sleeve Khaki (safari looking shirt/jacket).
All of these came from the same man in the estate sale I bought them at. I know he wore some of the items and some he never wore at all and you can tell based on how nice the fabric is. He fought in WW2, and I guess he loved the Safari type clothing.
I might be willing to part with some of this or Trade for Some World war 2 US Items.
Let me know what you all think of the dates I figured (compared to the photos) and what you think of the clothes when I get the pictures posted tonight. I am going home for lunch today (I am at work), I will post the clothing manuf. names of the few I couldnt remember after I get back from lunch.
Thanks!

cmjordan77

One of the Regulars
Sorry

Hey folks,
Sorry, I have not had time to post the photos yet.
I am trying to 2night. I have been working until 8 & 9pm everynight, get home tired.
I will do all I can as I want to get some information on these clothes.
Thanks!

MKB

New in Town
cmj, sounds like all you need is a pith helmet and an elephant gun and you're good to go.
Got really lucky myself at a flea market yesterday. Schott Perfecto 618 in either heavy steerhide or HH; like new condition; size 46; fits perfect; $25! From the same seller, Schott A-2 184SM in naked cowhide; near new condition; fits perfect; missing mouton collar and zipout lining; $25! I'm still out of breath. Will be selling the Perfecto through Walker's Vintage Boots on Newbury St. in Boston, but you'd have to pry the A-2 from my cold dead fingers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo