Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SOME NEW HATS

A

Ande1963

That "new" one is a great catch. God, how I envy you people whose heads are only somewhat large.

Anj

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Douglas -- the width of the brim on my Playboy is 2.5". It looks like yours may actually be wider, true?

Cheers,
JtL

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This may be the last for a while

It looks great inside and out. Some minor tracks but I think it will be worth it.
f1ec_1.JPG

It looks very soft judging by the brim.

DOUGLAS

Jimmy, My Playboy has a 2-1/2" brim as well. The brim stitching pricked my curiosity

DOUGLAS

Ok Alan, I will try to Make this one the last one for a while[huh]
Anj, That is a great avatar.

DOUGLAS

Well Dinerman, I think you were correct. The black Mallory is a Homburg.The variations in the brim and crown that gave me the impression it may have been something else were just distortions due to storage.Still it is a very, very nice hat. I have put a slight pinch into the crown. It will need a good dose of steam and a stiff brushing. It has a $10.00 price tag under the sweat so I guess it is a few years old.

DOUGLAS

I have been wearing the new Playboy and today I noticed that where the cloth sticker is located there is a shadow of another sticker that seemed to be larger and oval.
Does any one have a photo of an original sticker for this hat? I suspect that it had Playboy printed on it.

DOUGLAS

Aristacrat Quality Blue

This just came in. It may not be as old as some of the other Mallorys I have but the color and overall shape make up for its youth. I dig the underwelt too.
DSCN5260.jpg

DSCN5259.jpg

Brim top side
DSCN5258.jpg

Brim under side
DSCN5265.jpg

DSCN5252.jpg

DSCN5250.jpg

I will get a better pic of the welt stiching and the color on a sunny day.

DOUGLAS

I had the same thought when I originally saw it. I did'nt expect it to have the welt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart