Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SOME NEW HATS

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well, not really new,just newly aquirered. I have been on a Mallory quest lately and was lucky enough to win this XV. From the photos I thought it was light gray but to my suprize and pleasure it is a light cream color which I prefer. It is in great shape and has a cool bash. I love the ribbon and bow. the only bummer is that the wind cord button is sewn to the bow [huh] Why they would do this is a mystery. I would rather not have it at all. but whattaya gunna do. Other than that the hat is terrific.
DSCN4558.jpg

DSCN4560.jpg

DSCN4553.jpg

DSCN4554.jpg

DSCN4556.jpg

DSCN4557.jpg

DSCN4561.jpg

DSCN4564.jpg

DOUGLAS

This one I picked up at a flea market over the weekend. It is also in great shape and looks a lot like an IJ. It also has a cool overwelt which I am quickly becoming fond of.
DSCN4535.jpg

DSCN4544.jpg

DSCN4546.jpg

DSCN4545.jpg

DSCN4543.jpg

DSCN4547.jpg

DSCN4551.jpg

Super nice. Mallory really knew how to put out a product. Don't worry about the wind trolley sewn onto the ribbon. That was common prictice for Mallory. My The Dallas has the same wind trolley sewn in the same way. It is just an example of them being different.
If your hat was my size, I would take it in a second. ;) :p

Regards,

J

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
I like them both, Douglas...

You're super lucky to have a reasonably-sized head. At 7-3/4 I've all but given up looking for vintage hats. I have three that fit pretty well, but the new one that Art made for me indicates that the older ones have all probably tapered a bit over the years.

DOUGLAS

I usually wear a 7-1/4 but some hats fit me well even if they are 7-1/8 like the Mallory. The Stetson is a hair tight but I will work it into my size. The Vintage Mallorys and Stetsons are my favorites even more than the Borsalinos. They have a wonderful feel to them. At least for me.

DOUGLAS

ZF, I don't know what I would do with a size like yours. It seems painful not to be able to get a hat I like because of my head. I feel for you brother, But at least you have Art;)

S

Samsa

Douglas:

One of these days I am going to go to New York, track you down, and rob your collection. I don't care that I'll have to shrink my head to fit into a 7 1/8 size, either!

In all seriousness, those are some good looking hats.:eusa_clap

DOUGLAS

:eusa_doh: Your right, you are right JP. They only made the really good hats in sizes smaller than 7 .All the rest are garbage.;)

FL, the collection fills one big room and has spilled in to other areas.

Samsa, If you can get past security help yourself. Think of Fort Knox with some homemade improvements

Feraud

Bartender
Just when I thought things were getting quiet around here Douglas steps up with a winner.
I really like that Stestson and admire your attitude about sizing.
The Stetson is a hair tight but I will work it into my size.
:eusa_clap

DOUGLAS

I can't let a little thing like size stop my hat wearing;) This same man I bought this from had a nice Dobbs Premier too in 7-1/8 but that was much smaller and it was gray. God knows I have my fair share of that color.

DOUGLAS said:
:eusa_doh: Your right, you are right JP. They only made the really good hats in sizes smaller than 7 .All the rest are garbage.;)

FL, the collection fills one big room and has spilled in to other areas.

Samsa, If you can get past security help yourself. Think of Fort Knox with some homemade improvements

There you go. :p
Fort Knox with shotgun traps? ;)

Regards,

J

S

Samsa

Yes, I was rather curious about these "homemade improvements" myself.

GoneSolo

One of the Regulars
I was watching that Mallory. Even though it didn't fit me I wanted to bid on it. I would look at that hat every day thinking how nice it was. HIGH regards!

feltfan

I am picturing JP and Samsa flying in with Pussy Galore and
the girls, on a raid for Douglas' golden lids...

Douglas, nice hats. But don't remind people about
those nice Mallorys!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart