Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Some new styles for 2008

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
The Diamante, sizes 7 1/8 to 7 3/8. Has a diamond/kite type of crown, wicking sweat or leather sweat, handwoven backbrim, snap brim, grosgrain ribbon/bow.

Diamante.JPG

diamante2.JPG

The Outback (or something like that..unsure!), sizes 7 5/8 to 7 7/8. Has an "avacado" block, wicking or leather sweat, handwoven backbrim, snap brim, leather belt band.

Outback1.JPG

Outback2.JPG

Thoughts? Suggestions? Off to try them out on some large auction site.

MAB1

Suspended
Nice! Very nice indeed.

Reminds me of mine I got from you last year. I pulled the black ribbon and replaced it w/ a 3/8's thin leather belt. I put a sharp pinch on mine...:D

I love it and can't wait for things to heat up. I tell everybody it's my original Panama Hat, all the way from Ecuador. ;)

Some think it's cowboy w/ the leather band.

Lon Goval

Familiar Face
Nothing for 7 1/2 ???

Which sweatband is recommended for "sweaters" (not clothing) ? Does the wicking band unload onto the hat when full, or is there any barrier between it and the hat? Or should one just get leather and wipe the band and brow regularly?

Ralph

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
We're between shipments on some sizes, are still waiting on many custom Montecristis (though I am sworn to that 90% went out yesterday, today, and more tomorrow), and we're trying to get some more brown and black hats up. I like the leather myself, no barrier between band and hat. These are new hats, so I'm not sure where the sweat will go. It is too cold here and I'm too darn lazy to make a good sweat yet. Maybe in May.

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
Center Dent

Most brims are about 2 3/4"

Peak height is about 4 1/2"

These are Brisa Cuenca with good airflow.

Caballero Crown

Most brims are about 2 3/4"

Peak height is past 4 1/2" but the indent doesn't come as low as the center dent.

Roadrunner

One of the Regulars
I like that Diamente. In fact I just bought the one you have on ebay that just so happens to be my size. :)

HungaryTom

One Too Many
Mark, great hat

panama1_hdr_small_filtered.jpg

This style - is it the diamante?

It came out really well and the brim also looks wide enough to shade your eyes from the sun.

Bob,

It seems that the Ecuadorian blockers also very creative - or is it a US style?

Tom

Ugarte

A-List Customer
HungaryTom said:
This style - is it the diamante?

Si, at least I believe it to be.

It came out really well and the brim also looks wide enough to shade your eyes from the sun.

Gracias! Muy importante around these parts. I can't wait until it warms up enough AND the wind stops blowing so I can wear it.

Bob,

It seems that the Ecuadorian blockers also very creative - or is it a US style?

It does have the "Made in Ecuador" brand burned into it.

Mark

Lon Goval

Familiar Face
Tear Drop Brisa Cuenca

Bob, I like the darker color on the Tear Drop Brisa Cuenca. Is this available in 7 1/2 at this time, or is it in transit? The color appears to be more forgiving for sweat staining. Should these be ordered through you or the website? The website doesn't note any color or crown choices in the lower price range of the Brisa Cuenca.

Ralph

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav