Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Some one-off Aeros?

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
I applaud the sentiment, to use up the stock, but I'm not convinced it works in this market, where the 'perfect' finish of the hide and flawless nature of the jackets is so often commented upon FL.

Don Tomaso

A-List Customer
Don't understand why Aero would assemble a jacket like that, looks like two separate jackets sewn together! I could live with the odd mismatched panel, if it was the back of the arm say, but this is way too much.
I agree. To me this is a kind of re-enacting. "During the Great Depression, jackets have been made like this to use every part of a hide, so it is true to history to make them now like this as well." Well, back then they didn't make things so because they wanted, but because they had to. It's a bit like wearing torn and dirty trousers and calling it "poverty chic"... ;)

ChubbMuff

New in Town
Using the the hides to produce a two-tone style jacket could look cool, instead of a black/brown two-tone have the mismatched hides used in a more uniform sense. The half and half front is probably a step too far for most people's taste - especially at over 500 quid a pop.

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Labeled as 1930s HB, but seems to be a Hercules. I think it actually looks worse on the pics than in real life. My FQHH jacket had two mismatched panels and it actually looked really great. And it's a 200 pound discount. After a good coating of Pecards you probably can't notice it anymore.

pauleway

Practically Family
Labeled as 1930s HB, but seems to be a Hercules. I think it actually looks worse on the pics than in real life. My FQHH jacket had two mismatched panels and it actually looked really great. And it's a 200 pound discount. After a good coating of Pecards you probably can't notice it anymore.
As long as you think it's worth the price, I think the hides after some time will blend in some. I think it's a little pricey for the mis-match, but good marketing goes a long way!

I agree, If it were a better deal I'd be all over it!
Then I'd get it wet, Slather it in Pecards, and live with the results- as I really do like the jacket....

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Yeah if it were in my size and about $450 or $400 I'd go fer it... who else but us notices these things anyway? The average certin sporting his "mall jacket" doesn't know and doesnt' WANT to know. They'd probably think it looked cool.

Worf

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have to agree, they are asking too much for it.

I'm trying to think who would actually go for it. If you're a first time Aero buyer, surely you would want a "normal" jacket and the £105 saving wouldn't be enough to sway most people.

If you already have a 30's half belt, the prospect of it looking like normal after some wear would defeat the purpose of buying something different.

It will probably go, but I'm scratching my head trying to work out the thought process that convinces someone to spend that much on it.

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
I think it looks cool.

But then again, I already have a brown half-belt (a vintage 1940's windward) so I don't need another one anyway.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
I dont mind a bit of mismatched panneling. I guess the craftsmanship and design is a huge part of these brands. Having said that, I think that £100 off is a bit rich. I would be hoping for 25-30% off retail, or even a free scarf matching the lining...dunno,something more than the current offer. eveyones got to make a living, and most of us here love the brand, styles and service. If something comes up in a 48 or 50, ( doubt it:( ) I ill have a genuine look. There might even be a couple of snappy one offs.....worth watching anyways!

majormajor

One Too Many
Here's another one.

Half-belt front with a Pioneer back. Nice combo:D

bluelabel.jpg

bluelabelback.jpg

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That is much more what I had in mind when they first mentioned the blue label range.

I would think seeing these are a one off that including a few extra measurements (shoulder & pit to pit) in the description would help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails