Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Someone get a decent Jacket to the White House

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
Well I don't really think George Bush did any better with U.S. Wings if they made this for him they got the size off just a bit in the other direction.

George-Bush-and-Tony-Blai-006-1.jpg

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
Guess it's all in how you look at things. Seems to be a much better fit...to me.

Yep You are right there HD. It just looks a little snug to me. I had an LW G-1 size 42 I got off the Bay that fit like that and it was like a damn girdle around your belly. I think I had it about a week before it went back up. Hey maybe the President likes a loose fit and that's all there is to it.

Mr_D.

A-List Customer
I saw this on the news today and thought the jacket looked too big. But then Obama is a skinny guy. Maybe a child's size would be better?

The photo oneterrifichog posted of W. made me laugh. I thought about Chris Farley in 'Tommy Boy' doing "fat guy in a little coat". LOL

irow

New in Town
I saw this on the news today and thought the jacket looked too big. But then Obama is a skinny guy. Maybe a child's size would be better?

The photo oneterrifichog posted of W. made me laugh. I thought about Chris Farley in 'Tommy Boy' doing "fat guy in a little coat". LOL

Why don't you wear a child sized jacket, it would fit you well since you are a such little man.

Ande1964

Practically Family
I would much rather wear a jacket that fits like Obama's than that sausage casing Bush, Jr. has on.

Anj

SHOWSOMECLASS

A-List Customer
IMHO these folks are pulled from here to there and told.... wear this suit or tie. If you wear a A2 this group will identify w/ you.
A person will only look as good as the individual buying him clothes. That said the size, fit, and authenticity of A2's are a constant thread here for a reason. My guess is the folks who dress him are much much much further down the food chain than those who write his speeches.
As of 2012, a candidate has not lost a election based on the fit of his A2.

Ishmael

Practically Family
I remember a discussion of the suit Paul Ryan wore during his first public appearance after being selected running mate for Mitt Romney. It was terribly poor fitting. It engulfed him. There was much talk that the suit had been purposely selected to fit poorly in order to fit in with the average suit wearer.

cordwangler

One of the Regulars
I remember a discussion of the suit Paul Ryan wore during his first public appearance after being selected running mate for Mitt Romney. It was terribly poor fitting. It engulfed him. There was much talk that the suit had been purposely selected to fit poorly in order to fit in with the average suit wearer.

PR seeks to span social differences in increasingly weird ways. I particularly like the idea of wealth dressing down, apparently seeking to undercut the rhetoric of aspiration in a depression.

Where's the My Man Godfrey figure in our present malaise? Actually, in this regard Ryan might be viewed as a scavenger hunter...;)

MillersCrossing

Familiar Face
It never ceases to amaze me how people can see conspiracies in everything, if that's how they choose to look.

cordwangler

One of the Regulars
It never ceases to amaze me how people can see conspiracies in everything, if that's how they choose to look.

A grown man who can't dress himself properly is generally thought to be either too preoccupied with weightier matters or a slob. It's not credible that Ryan can't afford clothes that fit. So he must be real smart.

It's well known that all politicians play this game. No conspiracy at all. The marketing bods behind politicians did surveys and found that in general people felt more negative towards politicos who were too sharply dressed. Whether this was because of apparent wealth or apparent preening tendencies, the opinions were divided, but there is no conspiracy: Politicians do NOTHING, absolutely nothing, that hasn't been through focus groups.

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
Just another thought....President Reagan seemed to dress extremely well, dapper even and it only enhanced the view a lot of folks had of his character. I did not check to see if there are any photos on the web of him in an A-2 during his Presidency but I guarantee it probably would have fit spot on or Nancy would have fired the entire staff.

Carrie @ Insurrection

Sponsoring Affiliate
Actually, my other half turned me while we were watching him on telly this evening, and said: "What do you think of his jacket then?" I had to reply: "Not very much." You'd think the president could at least get somebody to head down to Insurrection for him or something... :D

I'll be waiting for that call, since we all know that it's definitely on its way! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails