Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Source of James Spader's hats {The Blacklist}

suitedcboy

One Too Many
Then go for the Borsalino, it will be exactly like the Borsalino on the show. The chintzy gold stamped logo on the bow and the crap quality that had Spader choose to not wear Borsalinos any more.
I'm not sure where that will leave you when the episodes to come will show him holding or wearing a hat no longer featuring the gold stamped logo or the wrinkled brim snap folds.

mattmactimpson

One of the Regulars
Then go for the Borsalino, it will be exactly like the Borsalino on the show. The chintzy gold stamped logo on the bow and the crap quality that had Spader choose to not wear Borsalinos any more.
I'm not sure where that will leave you when the episodes to come will show him holding or wearing a hat no longer featuring the gold stamped logo or the wrinkled brim snap folds.

No need to get so rude I’m just asking questions someone asked me a question and I answered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bendingoak

Vendor
ill Try one more time. NBC came to me as James Spader didn’t like what Borsalino was currently offering. He has very particular taste. Specially when it comes to the felt and finish of the felt. They sent me a couple hats so I can replicate the style of hat he wears. I made several for him in different colors. I started with them at the tale end of season 4 and they came back to me with season 5. Assuming if there is a season 6 I’ll be making more for them. I have just started watching the show and I’m at the beginning of season 2. I can’t tell you where my hats start showing up as I haven’t caught up yet. I can tell you this. We (costumer, James and myself) went back and forth to make sure the hat was a certain way. He has a particular style and he is detailed oriented. Which I like about him. I had to have every detail dialed in. I even went out and have blocks made as I normally don’t do modern style fedoras.

If you are looking for the hat he wears in the show and you want what James wanted and got from me. I can do that for you. If you just want to brand shop then you will have to look for a older Borsalino because anything recent didn’t meet James standard. That’s why they came to me.

mattmactimpson

One of the Regulars
ill Try one more time. NBC came to me as James Spader didn’t like what Borsalino was currently offering. He has very particular taste. Specially when it comes to the felt and finish of the felt. They sent me a couple hats so I can replicate the style of hat he wears. I made several for him in different colors. I started with them at the tale end of season 4 and they came back to me with season 5. Assuming if there is a season 6 I’ll be making more for them. I have just started watching the show and I’m at the beginning of season 2. I can’t tell you where my hats start showing up as I haven’t caught up yet. I can tell you this. We (costumer, James and myself) went back and forth to make sure the hat was a certain way. He has a particular style and he is detailed oriented. Which I like about him. I had to have every detail dialed in. I even went out and have blocks made as I normally don’t do modern style fedoras.

If you are looking for the hat he wears in the show and you want what James wanted and got from me. I can do that for you. If you just want to brand shop then you will have to look for a older Borsalino because anything recent didn’t meet James standard. That’s why they came to me.

I understand thanks for your reply i have been watching season 4 and 5 recently and have not seen any of your hats because all of them have borsos tag which might be adding to the confusion maybe the stylist added the borso tag to your hats when they got them
Just as a question how much would it cost for you to make one from the pictures I posted earlier ?

bendingoak

Vendor

you are correct, He really didn't like the modern Borsalinos. I had to have special felt made as well. He likes thin and pliable like the old Borsalinos. He's my kinda hat guy.

bendingoak

Vendor
I understand thanks for your reply i have been watching season 4 and 5 recently and have not seen any of your hats because all of them have borsos tag which might be adding to the confusion maybe the stylist added the borso tag to your hats when they got them
Just as a question how much would it cost for you to make one from the pictures I posted earlier ?

Please go to my site www.penmanhats.com look under pop culture. I still have the same felt that I used for all the hats. There were 4 different colors I did for them.

mattmactimpson

One of the Regulars
I can do that same style hat in any color you like and I did do two that they called navy.

Thank you for your help but I think I will get a Borsalino because I can only afford fur felt and not beaver when I can I will definitely contact you about purchasing one

So I guess the issue Spader had was with the beaver felt and not fur felt as he wares both in the show from info I got from Bencraft and jj hat center

bendingoak

Vendor
Thank you for your help but I think I will get a Borsalino because I can only afford fur felt and not beaver when I can I will definitely contact you about purchasing one

So I guess the issue Spader had was with the beaver felt and not fur felt as he wares both in the show from info I got from Bencraft and jj hat center

Fur felt is beaver felt. He had an issue with the beaver felt and the finish of that beaver felt. If he didn't he would have gone back to them.

mattmactimpson

One of the Regulars
I don’t mean to offend anybody I’m new to fur felt fedoras and all the little terms just trying to piece it all together

bendingoak

Vendor
Isn’t fur felt rabbit felt ? I was told by jj hat center that he wore rabbit too

it can mean both as it means hair. thats what the body of the hat is made up of, Matted hair ( felt). He wore beaver as I had those hats in my hands. They were beaver and he only wanted beaver. He is way to particular about the finish to wear rabbit.

mattmactimpson

One of the Regulars
it can mean both as it means hair. thats what the body of the hat is made up of, Matted hair ( felt). He wore beaver as I had those hats in my hands. They were beaver and he only wanted beaver. He is way to particular about the finish to wear rabbit.

I’m just repeating what jj hat center told me that he / the show bought a Borsalino anello rabbit fur felt from them

bendingoak

Vendor
I’m just repeating what jj hat center told me that he / the show bought a Borsalino anello rabbit fur felt from them

If you are in contact with them, and they have what you want, go buy their hat. I don't see the problem.

and I know what NBC costumer and Spader said to me. with that note I'm going to get back to my day off.

mattmactimpson

One of the Regulars
and I know what NBC costumer and Spader said to me. with that note I'm going to get back to my day off.

I’m not attacking you it could be he is very picky about beaver felt and he does ware multiple different types of hats so it’s not out of the range of possibility that he does occasionally ware rabbit felt on the show especially that it is for a show and not for personal use from what he has said on interviews he does not get to take much home

And I hope you can understand that price is also a big problem for most people when buying hats most people don’t have 500 dollars to spend on a hat

Hope you enjoy the rest of your day off sorry if I got on your nerves. Just a novice trying to learn and understand all I can

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy