Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sourdough Bread????

Maj.Nick Danger said:
..it's an old draftsman's trick, used to clean up any residual graphite smudges on a drawing. But, as hats are much the same as fine paper,(that is to say , that they are made up of fine natural fibers) then it would follow that you could use it to clean a hat without causing damage.

Danger, you have enough common sense for three people. It's good to have you aboard.

Siirous

One of the Regulars
I thought I'd try it

Well, for the sake of experimentation I thought I'd try the sourdough technique and post some before/after shots.

Here is the before photo of my superb condition Stetson Whippet:

WhippetSide.jpg

Much to my dismay, the hat will never be the same.

After the sourdough rubbing :cry: :

100_7568Small.jpg

A lesson learned...

Sincerely,
Rob

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
scotrace said:
"The average person may not know that many parts of a Volkswagen are edible.."

Euell Gibbons (ok, not really)
gibbons.gif
One of the things that amazes me about this place is obscure references people come up with...Euell Gibbons! That's someone whose name doesn't come up to often (o.k., never)....;)

Magus

Practically Family
Sefton said:
One of the things that amazes me about this place is obscure references people come up with...Euell Gibbons! That's someone whose name doesn't come up to often (o.k., never)....;)

I ad NO IDEA that my strange question would go here...lol. But it make me wonder something else...was Euell a hat wearing guy? If so...what kind?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80