Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Speaking of "Mistress": Why Older Women Are Better

I am happily married to a slightly older (by 3 1/2) years woman. I find we have very similar outlooks, experiences, intellectual and artistic interests, and most importantly, similar levels of physical endurance (athletic I mean).

However, I can understand why a man of middle age would gravitate toward a younger woman for a mistress.
The idea is to basically try to recapture one's lost youth, and recreate those feelings of excitement and thrill we had as youngters in love (or lust as the case may be). The question is, would an older man be comfortable in a more long term relationship with a much younger woman? Or would he eventually go back to someone closer in age?

Alternatively, would a younger man eventually become bored with an older woman?

rue

Well, old anyway... ;)

I keed, I keed. I couldn't resist either.

:fish:

..er..how does one know/tell that they have an 'old soul'..or that others do? ...and is that suppose to be a good thing? [huh]

It means that their soul has been on earth many times, if you believe in that stuff.

It can also mean that they are wise beyond their years.

It's supposed to be a good thing........ Unless you're Justin :p

:fish:

It means that their soul has been on earth many times, if you believe in that stuff.

It can also mean that they are wise beyond their years.

It's supposed to be a good thing........ Unless you're Justin :p

Well then...can you be 'young in spirit'..yet an 'old soul'..? I think I may be a 'soul man'! Does that count..:eusa_doh::D

Justin B

One Too Many
By the way Justin, I've seen photos of some your young lady friends, I think it would be worth looking hard to see if one of them has the "maturity" you seek. ....Just a thought.

I'll admit, it's fun looking...but not likely I'll find the what I'm looking for among them. Nor am I what they're looking for. I'm not nearly exciting or good looking enough.

I'll admit, it's fun looking...but not likely I'll find the what I'm looking for among them. Nor am I what they're looking for. I'm not nearly exciting or good looking enough.

You may just need a schtick..! Tell them you are an 'old soul'. You may find that would cause enough excitement to conjure up a 'soul mate'..!! Whatever you do though..ask them their 'sign' first.....

Justin B

One Too Many
You may just need a schtick..! Tell them you are an 'old soul'. You may find that would cause enough excitement to conjure up a 'soul mate'..!! Whatever you do though..ask them their 'sign' first.....

Where is rue with her fish? I'm thinking you need a good trout to the eye...

Seriously though, I'm just more a jazz club rather than a night club sort of guy. And that's not what most girls are looking for.

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
...Tell me that you're an "old soul" though...grrr, makes my gears grind.

Sounds like you have had bad experiences with this phrase? [huh]

I think "wise beyond one's years" is equally as descriptive. And by young, I'm not talking about bubblegum chewing eye-candies one picks up at the local dance bar (or whatever it is these kids do); a 5-6 year gap would suffice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred