Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Speaking of "Mistress": Why Older Women Are Better

Paisley said:
My grandfather was 10 years older than my grandmother. My grandmother was energetic and wanted to go out and dance; my grandfather wanted to stay home. Grandma's advice to her daughters (my mom and aunt): "Don't marry an older man!"

It seems that energetic people who like an active social life tend to be better off with younger people. My female friends are driven crazy (and not in a good way) by men who just want to hang out at home.

As for my aunt, she did marry someone older by about seven years. They both loved to dance and party, though; I think this helped them to be happy together.

lol Makes sense to me. My grandmother always used to say that opposites attract but the same stays together longer. The more you have in common the less you have to argue about. Age doesn't make a difference it is your common interests that keep you together. :cheers1:

Regards,

J

S

Samsa

Rosie said:
I agree with Lizzie here. I tend to date people who are older than me, at least by about 7 years and have gone as high as 23 years older. Truthfully, when guys in their twenties try to "pick me up", I'm usually like, "oh, he's a nice BOY" but a MAN? I just don't see them that way. [huh]

And here I thought I had passed beyond boyhood.

Now I finally understand the meaning behind the slogan "Life begins at 40."

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Guys are DOGS because there are women out there who feed them meat

Lady Day said:
But as for me and the fellas, thats a totally different story. I generally get hit on by older men, and I do mean hit on. The off color comments made are generally because they see me as a piece of a** and nothing else. Or I should be "grateful" that any man would look at me at all.

As a matter of fact, fellas my age have NEVER tried to talk me up. Im 28, is that bad? Maybe I have cooties. I dont know. I havent given up, Ive just stopped looking. Im a hopeless romantic, and I believe that someone is out there, but Im also practical, and I dont want him to be perfect.

LD

Sometimes "older" men have wives at home, so they go out and "hit" on younger women..looking for , well one thing. Off color remarks, hummmm. Too much MTV, and Rap out there where women are referred to as simple meat, for a horny man's consumption. You shouldn't feel "gratefu'" a man would look at you.....a MAN will look TO you, and see WHO you are.

Don't look for perfection, look for compatability. Class. Intelligence. Respect.

Ever listen to Dr. Laura? She chews out looser women every day on her radio show who "lift their skirts" for men, have sex without commitments...and wonder why they never get married. Then they take those hurt and "I've been used" feelings to the next relationship..and it causes problems.

No, we need to get back to MORALS. You obviously have good morals and CLASS.

You, Dear Lady Day,..... Someone will come...when you aren't looking;)

cadence

New in Town
Just a thought!!

Something to think about:

What do you consider to be an older woman?

a) above a certain age?
b) older than the man she is with?
c) an old soul, with no matter of the age?
d) a lady with grey hair and wrinkles?
e) a woman with alot of experience in life?
f) a high maturity level for her age?

:)

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Andykev said:
Sometimes "older" men have wives at home, so they go out and "hit" on younger women..looking for , well one thing. Off color remarks, hummmm. Too much MTV, and Rap out there where women are referred to as simple meat, for a horny man's consumption. You shouldn't feel "gratefu'" a man would look at you.....a MAN will look TO you, and see WHO you are.

Don't look for perfection, look for compatability. Class. Intelligence. Respect.

Ever listen to Dr. Laura? She chews out looser women every day on her radio show who "lift their skirts" for men, have sex without commitments...and wonder why they never get married. Then they take those hurt and "I've been used" feelings to the next relationship..and it causes problems.

No, we need to get back to MORALS. You obviously have good morals and CLASS.

You, Dear Lady Day,..... Someone will come...when you aren't looking;)

Well thanks for the kind words. Oh, I totally know that Im a catch. [angel]

The 'grateful' line I wrote meant to imply that they think I should be grateful for them chattin me up. Um, no, keep on going. Im sure there is a lovely skank whore down the street who'd LOVE some of the greasy fondling you have to offer.

LD

Cousin Hepcat

Practically Family
Lady Day said:
The 'grateful' line I wrote meant to imply that they think I should be grateful for them chattin me up. Um, no, keep on going. Im sure there is a lovely skank whore down the street who'd LOVE some of the greasy fondling you have to offer.

LD
lol lol lol lol You're alright Lady Day.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
a guy being 10 years older than the woman is really not that big of a deal!...I too have always been attracted to 'older' men. I do think at some point the age difference would become a problem. like the jokingly 40yr old and the 20 something girlie...maturity wise, there's an awfully big gap there, and for the most part, depending on how early in the 20's the woman/guy is...when your 40, you've had a good sense of who you are and your likes and dislikes...20's, you're still figuring these things out

mysterygal said:
a guy being 10 years older than the woman is really not that big of a deal!...I too have always been attracted to 'older' men. I do think at some point the age difference would become a problem. like the jokingly 40yr old and the 20 something girlie...maturity wise, there's an awfully big gap there, and for the most part, depending on how early in the 20's the woman/guy is...when your 40, you've had a good sense of who you are and your likes and dislikes...20's, you're still figuring these things out

See? Now that is actually a good combination. He/she knows what they want and they can train their partner to like the same thing. :p
Actually it is working backward for my friend who is the 40 something with his twenty something. [huh] :D

Regards,

J

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My trouble is, at my age, women who are younger than me are still "older women." lol

Gotta find a twentysomething who's majoring in US pop culture of the 1960s and 70s. I could be her senior project. lol

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
mysterygal said:

When there is much of an age difference, there's a problem with being in different stages of life. Continuing with the example of the older man/younger woman, I offer a few probabilities:

She wants an active social life; he'd prefer to stay home nights.
Neither has much to talk about with the other's friends.
She attracts a lot of men; he's jealous.
When he's ready to retire, she's at the peak of her career.
When she's ready to retire, he's dead.

For me, a ten-year age difference would be a big deal. For one thing, men that age remind me of my father. And at 37, I'm doing all the things people usually do in their 20s that I was working too hard to do then. I don't plan to retire early. And I'm from a family whose members live into their 80s and 90s; in fact, my uncle Charlie danced at his 100th birthday party. If I married a man who was pushing 50 tomorrow, I'd probably be a widow for decades.

Pilgrim

One Too Many
I have contemplated that outcome for some time, as my wife is six years younger than I am. Further, her family tends to be pretty long-lived. But when you find someone who really is a perfect fit, you have to do something about it. The rest is partly a crapshoot and partly inevitable.

Rosie

One Too Many
Paisley said:
When there is much of an age difference, there's a problem with being in different stages of life. Continuing with the example of the older man/younger woman, I offer a few probabilities:

She wants an active social life; he'd prefer to stay home nights.
Neither has much to talk about with the other's friends.
She attracts a lot of men; he's jealous.
When he's ready to retire, she's at the peak of her career.
When she's ready to retire, he's dead.

For me, a ten-year age difference would be a big deal. For one thing, men that age remind me of my father. And at 37, I'm doing all the things people usually do in their 20s that I was working too hard to do then. I don't plan to retire early. And I'm from a family whose members live into their 80s and 90s; in fact, my uncle Charlie danced at his 100th birthday party. If I married a man who was pushing 50 tomorrow, I'd probably be a widow for decades.

This is the position my mom finds herself in now. My dad was 20+ years older than her and he died at 78 and she was not yet 60. My mom though not in the greatest of health is still very active, she likes to do things but, she is without husband and seems very reluctant to date (I'm not sure how I would feel about ther dating either. I want her to be happy but you know...)

But, when it's all said and done. If you meet the person that you find is a good match for you, should you turn them away because they are older than you? My parents were together for 37 years. Would you trade 37 years of happiness to find someone closer to your age? [huh] I wouldn't.

Rosie said:
But, when it's all said and done. If you meet the person that you find is a good match for you, should you turn them away because they are older than you? My parents were together for 37 years. Would you trade 37 years of happiness to find someone closer to your age? [huh] I wouldn't.

EXactly! :eusa_clap
Age is just a number if you are well matched. :D

Regards,

J

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters