Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Speaking of "Mistress": Why Older Women Are Better

Story

I'll Lock Up
Lauren Henline said:
So, according to old Benny, it's ok that I'm usually attracted to younger men lol

I believe that it was while in Paris that he penned "You go, girl!". ;)

Chad Sanborn

A-List Customer
Older women are more sophisticated and look better with red lipstick! The problem with dating older women is that I too am getting older every year. So, I have to keep reconsidering my maximum dating age.

Chad

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
How much older is too old though? I mean it seems to be different the other way round doesn't it as women go out with men 20 years + their senior sometimes.
So how old is too old?

G. Fink-Nottle

One of the Regulars
Story said:
Considering Franklin's age when he was a diplomat, I think the 'younger' factor was academic. It was more a case of them being willing and able, in Benny's case. :p

A number of years ago, the New York Post employed a horse racing prognostigator called Gambling Rose Hamburger. Gambling Rose was 105 years old. When she died, the New York Times noted that she was often seen at the track in the company of younger men because that was virtually all there was.

G. Fink-Nottle said:
A number of years ago, the New York Post employed a horse racing prognostigator called Gambling Rose Hamburger. Gambling Rose was 105 years old. When she died, the New York Times noted that she was often seen at the track in the company of younger men because that was virtually all there was.

Yes but for her a man in his 90s would be considered younger. lol I guess everything is relative. [huh] :D

Regards,

J

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
Personally, I've always been attracted to older men. I think it was the maturity level [huh] they need those extra 10 years ;) :D
There is a limit of being 'too old' and then being frowned down upon..like take a 20 something female or male paired up with a 45+ .....you know there's something up there.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Why does age matter?

mysterygal said:
Personally, I've always been attracted to older men. I think it was the maturity level [huh] they need those extra 10 years ;) :D
There is a limit of being 'too old' and then being frowned down upon..like take a 20 something female or male paired up with a 45+ .....you know there's something up there.

Something up? Like she wants his money, or he want a mommy surrogate?
How about that two people fell in love, and age doesn't matter?

Mentally, someone can be far different in "age" than "years".

Being in shape, taking care of yourself, that helps. Oh, and money.;)

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Advice for the Older Man

Esquire actually did a feature on this some years ago. Younger Women/Older Men.
One piece of advice: Raise your credit limits. You have to have something to bring to the table and you'd better be prepared to spend a lot and pay for everything. We all know what you are getting from the relationship...

lol

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Andykev said:
Being in shape, taking care of yourself, that helps. Oh, and money.;)

Most important thing, at least from this fortysomething gal's perspective?

*Common sense*

The ability to think for one's self despite what might be trendy or popular or what the crowd might be doing -- without being tied to some rigid, doctrinaire point of view. That's the most attractive quality there is.

Oh, and a nice hat. That always helps too.

Johnnysan

One Too Many
LizzieMaine said:
Most important thing, at least from this fortysomething gal's perspective?

*Common sense*

The ability to think for one's self despite what might be trendy or popular or what the crowd might be doing -- without being tied to some rigid, doctrinaire point of view. That's the most attractive quality there is.

Oh, and a nice hat. That always helps too.

Gentlemen, we are graced by the presence of a woman of remarkable refinement... :)

Cousin Hepcat

Practically Family
Lauren Henline said:
So, according to old Benny, it's ok that I'm usually attracted to younger men lol

That seems to be a current trend (not just counting schoolteachers :) ) a reversal of the traditional idea of men dating younger women.

How much age difference is too much? up to +/- 10 years I'd not think too strange (as long as you're at least 28 when you say that - YES i am! :) )

Swing High,
- Cousin Hepcat

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
I never feel that my partner is older than me even though there is quite a big gap between us. I just wanted someone who would hold open the door for me, bring me flowers, and be a gentleman. Something that seems to have most definitely fallen out of fashion.

I wonder what the appeal is for men who go for the older woman?

I don't think you really plan who you fall in love with do you.

Anyway what is a young woman? 25? 29? 39? and what is "older"?????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters