Spear point collar shirts

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by PADDY, Oct 10, 2007.

1. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

That picture is so exactly like Darcy that it could have been lifted from their website. The collar cost seventeen pounds plus tax, look under shirts to see which one you would like to match it to.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
    Edward likes this.
  2. Dreamofgilgamesh

Dreamofgilgamesh A-List Customer

I have one of those and jolly nice it is too.

3. Edward

Edward Bartender

Picked up my first separate-collar shirt for the Chap Olympiad this year - a Darcy with their Arundell collar. Lovely stuff. Takes that little bit longer to get ready than with an attahed collar, but it's all a matter of practice. Tip: buy the washable version - the look and feel are insistinguishable, but it's so, so much easier to launder.

4. VintageEveryday

VintageEveryday A-List Customer

I'm wearing a spearpoint collar I drafted myself and attached to one of my white dress shirts. It's kind of swoop-y as opposed to the straight points, bit it's copied from an original shape: i just eyeballed it though. You can kind of see it in the photo here.

Attached Files:

• 19.jpg
      19.jpg
      File size:
      9.5 KB
      Views:
  5. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

Spearpoints do have an air of the formal about them, and whilst I just couldn't wear one open neck, you can achieve a smart, yet casual look. Here's one of mine worn with a summer blazer and topped of with one of Esther's finest hats.
    aloha 033.JPG

6. 1mach1

1mach1

Looking good, my friend.

7. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

Thanks for the compliment, much appreciated.

8. gary m

gary m Vendor

the best are charles caine

9. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

Charles Caine have a sale on at the moment, very tempting. Has anyone bought here bought their shirts?
    https://charlescaineshirts.co.uk/collections/all

I have a pullover shirt with French cuffs from: Some Like it Holy. My wife had to alter it to fit me. They link their sizing as in a 44" chest/17.5" collar. The shirt is exactly what I wanted but despite my missus' best effort, it still doesn't fit snugly. However, I may still get the perfect fit, she's promised to make me one.
    https://www.somelikeitholy.com/whit...irt-with-dress-collar-french-cuffs-p-208.html

10. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

Finally met the "Some Like It Holy," team at Twinwood. Now I have cracked their sizing system I can buy from their website with confidence.
    This spearpoint collared shirt was a good buy, but it's a pity that there's nowhere under the collar to slide in a stiffener, however, my missus said that she could do that for me.
    Twinwood 2019 002.JPG

Short Balding Guy and PeterB like this.
  11. fiftyforfifty

fiftyforfifty Sponsoring Affiliate

You are right its a good buy

PeterB likes this.
  12. MikeBravo

MikeBravo One Too Many

I recently found a spearpoint collar on what I am reliably informed is a Talofa shirt from Samoa

Yellow SamoaA.JPG

13. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

I've been umming and ahhing over whether buy a suit from Chester Cordite. Years ago when I first had the internet I made a rule to wait 24 hours after seeing a must have before buying. I would say that in the case of 90% of those must have's, I had changed my mind the next day. And so it is with the suit, but I am going ahead with three spearpoint shirts.
    cc1.jpeg cc2.jpeg cc3.jpeg

14. Benny Holiday

Benny Holiday My Mail is Forwarded Here

Nice choices! I really like the style of his suits and shirts.

15. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

I wore the red stripe one to a 40's event today, have to say that the shirt is a perfect foil when worn with a period suit.
    Chester Cordite red stripe spearpoint 001.JPG

16. Benny Holiday

Benny Holiday My Mail is Forwarded Here

Looking real sharp there GHT!

17. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

Thanks Benny.

18. Short Balding Guy

Short Balding Guy I'll Lock Up

Sharing my only spear point collar. This is a SJC Spear point. Not only is it my only spear point, but my only pull-over dress shirt.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cuff links are not normally worn by myself.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I will watch with curiosity to see the incoming Chester Cordite shirts showcased. I would like some trimmer, better fitting models.

Eric -

PeterB and MikeBravo like this.
  19. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

Looking good Eric. How does the final price that you paid compare with Simon's catalogue price? The reason that I ask is because the cost of buying in the US for those of us living in the UK, and mainland Europe as well, is all but prohibitive. The add ons are for shipping, that's US dispatch price, then UK delivery charge as well as import tax, then the credit card company always add their bit for the $/£ exchange rate.

Short Balding Guy likes this.
  20. Short Balding Guy

Short Balding Guy I'll Lock Up

Good question: I have only picked up a couple of cardigans and this shirt from SJC. I used these items to check the prices, quality, sizing and such. I purchased during one of his big sales and the prices were excellent, the US dollar was in favor and I saw the shipping costs as not prohibitive. I did not pay additional tax or shipping. In fact it arrived within a week (tracking provided)- excellent. Everything turned out grand.

I would definitely purchase again. I have been seriously considering his suit options. I do not take the plunge because I really am a short balding guy and his sizes lack "short's." His suits would fit my desires, just the size.

Truth in posting: Here is the other cardigan. The button up cardigan is casual and fits my everyday lifestyle here in Minnesota.

[​IMG]

Be safe, be strong and see you on the streets soon, Eric -