Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spear point collar shirts

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
Several original 1930s German spearpoint shirts... too small for my neck alas.
But here your chance in the "Classifieds":

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/thr...s-with-spearpoint-collars-ulster-coat.104330/

20210524_203854.jpg

I noticed that period spearpoint collars usually were not as high, but more curved than most reproductions. Of course there was great variance, back then too, but I really dig the subtle (sizewise) but razorsharp fangs of period shirts.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Silverbelly Fedora 003.JPG

It's got to take something to upstage my silverbelly fedora. "What kind of shirt is that?" I got asked at work today. Not rising to the bait, I replied: "A white one."

"No seriously," my tormentor said, "that collar belongs to 1930's movies." Still not being irritated, I said, "name a 1930's movie in which you have seen the shirt, or the collar, for that matter, and I will be impressed."

He couldn't and more to the point, he was actually trying, rather clumsily, to mock my hat. But as the rest of my work colleagues loved my attire, his insults fell short of their intentions.

My hat, for what it's worth, is a bespoke silverbelly, how I love it.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
This can't still be true, can it? Has anyone in the been able to find something even passable for a spearpoint outside MTM companies?
Strange that it seems spearpoint collars are not popular or available, they have an endorsement from one of the best sartorial dressers known.
Collar.jpg
Double 'O' Seven as seen in Skyfall.

Jade88

New in Town
I'm close to pulling the trigger on a Revival UK White shirt, is it worth? Can I wear it casually without a tie?

Phimaux

New in Town
I'm close to pulling the trigger on a Revival UK White shirt, is it worth? Can I wear it casually without a tie?
I would said no, as most spearpoint collar shirts were not designed to be worn without a tie but because of the soft collar design of them you could always use it as a camp collar, here is a photo of me with one of Revival Vintage shirt without and with a tie.

IMG_20240131_132851.jpg
IMG_20240131_132611.jpg

I would also recommend to look at their mend and make do as this where I got it at a discounted price.

Edit: here is a photograph of people wearing spearpoint collar shirts without ties

1940s-boys-pants-teens-auburn-edu.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto