Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spectator Shoes

Wild Root

Gone Home
This photo was taken in 1930 and the man on the left is Director Malcolm St Clair and in the middle is Gertrude Olmsted. They were being given a golfing lesson by Richard Dix (the man in the knicker suit with the argyle socks) while filming scenes for the Paramount picture 'Sporting Goods.'

Just thought I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢d ad a little info on the photo! I agree that they do look clueless, but I think that was the idea. Just a fun publicity shot for the papers to promote the new film.:D

Kilgour Trout

One of the Regulars
Dance Shoes?

I know that for most of us we'd love to all have a pair of Edmonds but prices being what they are, has anyone checked out the offerings of Swing era dancing shoe makers. I found a few sites connected to Arts page and some of the shoes look interesting. One spectator, actually states that you can even wear them out. I wonder if any of our Swing Dancing members could comment. They could offer a less expensive alternative>

Warm Regards
Kilgour Trout

Pen Collector

One of the Regulars
Have you seen these.....?

Gentlemen,

While shopping at Bachrach in a Mall in the Dallas area I saw some black and brown spectators. You can find them atwww.bachrach.com click on shoes, laced shoes and then click on spectators.

I think they look very sharp. I am thinking about getting the black and white.

Canadave

One Too Many
Nice!

As if having a huge head wasn't burden enough, ;) I also have a hard-to-fit shoe size...9 1/2 EEE.

Generally, I don't have that much trouble, but as an example, these shoes only come in regular width.

Oh well...

D

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
The pair I bid on on Ebay

The price hat jumped up to about $80!!!! Yikes.... I paid $120 for the first pair. This auction is nice, but I ususally wear an 8...these are 8 1/2 so they may go the way of the "other bidder".

Kilgour Trout

One of the Regulars
Must be Olympic fever!!!

It must be Olympic fever starting to set in!!!:eek: LOL . I can't see how the price could get that high with a pair of used shoes. Sure they are probably the prettiest things Allen Edmonds has produced but Yikes!!!! eh.
I'm going to be purchasing a pair of Giorgio Brutini's from the Zoot suit store for 85 US. I know their not Allen Edmonds but us lesser mortals must make due eh :D .

Warm Regards
Kilgour Trout

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Blair

I used to get clothes from Blair. Got the casual ones. How do the Bottany 500 shoes compare in quality to Allen Edmonds?

I agree that the Olympic shoes (I have a pair) are very beautiful, and the color is no longer offered (and I paid less than half of what this auction went for). However, you can buy NEW Allen Edmonds "Broadstreet" shoes - spectators, for $265 or $285.

I would rather have the new ones at those prices.

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Andykev wrote.
How do the Bottany 500 shoes compare.

I just got mine a few weeks ago and i'll be honest these are very nice shoes. All leather and they fit my 12D foot like my Aldens and ALLEN EDMONDS. I don't know in time how they will hold up but for a pair of shoes that i only wear once in awhile i think they'll be just fine. Thats my 2 cents worth!!:cool:

Kilgour Trout

One of the Regulars
First time ebay purchase

Hey guys!, I've just won these on ebay. It is the very first time I've bid. I'm nervous but the seller seems to be very nice and well regarded. I've looked at these for some time at the Zoot suit store and for the dollar I can't complain eh. I'll be waiting and if all goes well, I'll be looking to go black and white

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5301091988&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOAB:CA:6

Warm Regards
Kilgour Trout

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points