Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spectator Shoes

bigshoe

One of the Regulars
Since you asked.
spec1.jpg
[/IMG]

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Tomasso said:
I'm walking on eggshells with you, Buddy. I don't want you taking another sabbatical.

Yeah we missed the knwoledgeable old bar steward while he was away.lol lol :rolleyes:

The answer is mild Acetone. But please refer to Style Forum posting on Ron Rider and antiquing for better instructions. Especially as you have bought them cheap. You would not start fooling around with a new pair of Sutor Mantelassis...

A recent eBay offering (not mine) unusual crosshatched/webbed Spectators

tuppence

Practically Family
BinkieBaumont said:

Tell me you don't own two pyramid phones!!! That would just be selfish.
What is the small box that matches the cream phone? I have just never seen any in green. Do you have one in black in the servants quarters! WOW
Oh silly me, is it a money box to save for your phone bill?

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
Tuppy, The "Ivory"pyramid phone is a 232 Model from the 30's whilst the "jade green" phone is a 300 series from the 40's they were also made in "Chinese Laquer red" which is the rarest of colours.

3195794643_40e0431aec.jpg

The little "Box" is for putting people on hold, it has a wind up mechanism like a musical box and plays "Cocktails for two" well it must be 5.00pm somewhere!!!

The pull out tray contains dialling codes so i dont have to go through the operator, who i allways think listen in on my calls

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Next Pair o'Specs

I was at the demolition of a wonderful waterside Art Deco mansion in Drummoyne one day and should have bought the white Bakelite phone...then again I should have grabbed the leadlights as well and...and....such is life!:rage: :rage: [huh] [huh]

Re you next pair of specs...definitely English tan and off white combo to complete the exercise...

DSCN06042.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR