Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spectator Shoes

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Highlander said:
Looking for something like these Bostonians(posted earlier in the thread)... Any modern production of this type of shoe?
002-21.jpg

J Peterman has something like that in the catalog now.

Michaelshane

One Too Many
BinkieBaumont said:
"I was recently contacted on the FL by a "Generous Benefactor" offering me this pair of two tone spectator shoes, in a lovely rich tan leather, and a soft Moss Green Fabric.

They arrived yesterday and they "Fit like a glove" rather a swell match for this tweed jacket don't ya know"

Thankyou so much Generous Benefactor!"

3548662020_6a0a3a6bd6_m.jpg

3548630916_ca355dfacb_m.jpg

3547812237_2386a1cc86_m.jpg

That's wonderful...! It's nice to know there are still good and generous people in the world.....:) :) :) :) :)

Spatterdash

A-List Customer
Well, I haven't been around here in many a moon, but I felt obligated to drop in and give you folks a heads up.

Blair.com, one of the most inexpensive sources for all leather, quality spectators, has changed the model they offer. It's now some blocky Doc Martinish style, hideous and not at all appropriate. The streamlined and elegant spectator dress shoe they used to offer in both black and brown are gone, replaced with something that Hot Topic might have on clearance.

Looks like there are no real spectators left in the under $100 dollar market, unless you want the stacy adams costume shoes.

Sigh...

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Nice shoes, Binkie!

BinkieBaumont said:
a swell match for this tweed jacket don't ya know"
Personally, I see them more as a Spring/Summer shoe; think linen.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
scotrace said:
The first to get a pair from our friend Mr. Peterman, please post a picture so we can see them?
'T'wont be me. My experience with Mr. P.'s merch leads me to conclude that he could %#¢!! up a one-car motorcade as far as vintage design is concerned, and indeed, would feel obligated to do so to add his own il ne sait quoi.

Those sketchy watercolors in his catalogs aren't just style, fellas. They're carefully done marketing.

Fu Manchu

One of the Regulars
Sigh...

:eusa_doh:

You're right. I overlooked that tiny, all-important detail. I guess I'll see how they look when they arrive. Still, $40 shipped is pretty good, all things considered.

Spatterdash

A-List Customer
Well, Alan, I may as well ask... what does Allen Edmond want for special order like that?

It's not as if the finest spectator producer in the US cares about offering any real selction in classic styles for summer... [huh]

Those are gorgeous.

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Leather Soul Hawaii has a small run available of the Alden specs pictured. Allen Edmonds does do one-off specials, so one might take the Broadstreet and have them substitute brown suede for the white. I'm not sure exactly what AE's upcharge is. If Leather Soul has your size in the Aldens then you'd probably be better off to go with those.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany