Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spitfire In The Garden

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
All right, a show of hands, how many of you if you won the big lottery, this is how you would like to spend your money? Walk out of your mansion in the morning, walk across your front yard, and hop in your Spit! [video=youtube;hFhK59yua3c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFhK59yua3c [/video]

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
If I could choose anything at all to fly in, it would be a Vulcan. Wouldn't turn down a trip in a Spit or a Mossie, though! :)
Someone else with a taste for classic Jets. With me it would be on the edge of space, the SR71, or the English Electric Lightning. Propellor driven, well it has to be an SE5A from WWI or the Red Barons Fokker triplane. WWII, the Lancaster or the P40.
We have a Vulcan at my local airport, Southend on Sea. Don't think it fly's though.

Hawker Hunter

private-se-dxe-hawker-hunter-f-58-05062010-21802.jpg

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
A Spit would be nice, but there's a part of me that really wants a Sopwith Pup. ;)
You just reminded me, for the price of just one Spitfire, you could have several squadrons of WWI replica airplanes. Fun for the whole family and friends! [video=youtube;_iJpzsbsD2M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iJpzsbsD2M[/video]

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
LOL :D You suddenly gave me the idea of sqadrons of Albatroses and SE5 equiped with paintball machine guns!
And I am going to be The Red baron in a red Albatross or Werner Voss with his eyes on the front of his Fokker Triplane.:D

Dated Guy

Familiar Face
Just as an aside, where I live, we have a redundant airbase known as Bentwaters within 20 minutes drive. Most of it has been turned into commercial enterprises nowadays, however, although I really do not know much of what is on there now, I do know female pilot owns and maintains a twin seater Spitfire. For a substantial sum of money she will fly a paying passenger for a quite lengthy flight, plus, a luncheon with all the trimmings. She regularly flies overhead on various random weekdays and weekends whilst engaging in her business. A good friend of mine and myself often watch the thing buzzing around the firmament, the sound is wonderful. We also get to see a annual fly past of one or two Mustangs for a memorial to the fallen U.S.A. airmen from the local airbase (fighter). This entire memorial day is very emotive and so it should be in recognition of those before us.

Definitely a Spit for me, either a Mk.Ia or a Mk.XIVe.
MG_3366SPIT-LINE-01.jpg

sm832d.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR