SPLIT TOE ANKLE BOOTS HAND STITCHED

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by polocoat, Sep 13, 2017.

1. polocoat

polocoat One of the Regulars

I saw a pair of split toe ankle boots on one of the internet sites that discussed Indy boots that were (appeared to be) hand stitched. I believe they were made in the USA by a small company. Now, I can't find the post. In the post, the "poster" suggested potential buyers of the Indy boots reconsider and buy these split toe ankle boots. Now I want to buy a pair but, I can't find the name of the company that sells them-UGH!. Can anyone help me?????? Thanks

2. oneterrifichog

oneterrifichog Practically Family

Alden of Carmel has them hand stitched in both Cordovan leather and CXL steer hide. They special order all types of different ALDEN Boots that are not normally in stock.

3. RMF308

RMF308 Familiar Face

Alden only hand stitches the top of the Indy boot toe box on their shell cordovan versions. The classic Indy boot is the Alden 405 style and comes in various leathers.

4. polocoat

Thanks. It's not Alden that I'm looking for. The company has a name made up of two words like, "Mark & Jones" or "Arnold & Hopkins." I believe they are located in the USA.

5. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

Though not a US company, Crockett and Jones?

6. polocoat

Thanks for your suggestion. No, it's not Crockett and Jones but, good guess. The boots do look like the Alden split nose ankle boots with hand stitching. This is driving me nuts.

7. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

Crockett and Tubbs? :)

Bamaboots likes this.
  8. Lantern

Lantern New in Town

Grant Stone Ottawa boot. Made in China. I have looked but have not purchased.

9. polocoat

YOU ARE THE HERO ! ! ! That's it. I can see why I never found it. First, it wasn't a US manufacturer and secondly, I was way off as far as the name is concerned. GRANT STONE OTTAWA boot. Thanks !!!!!!!!