Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Steampunk, Dieselpunk, etc.

DesertDan

One Too Many
I have an affection for Steampunk and Dieselpunk though I don't "do" any of those styles and my Sci-fi convention days are far behind me. It was surfing Dieselpunk sites that originally led me here.

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
[video=youtube;LPl2TzUGYKA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPl2TzUGYKA[/video]

[video=youtube;jU3197aPyBQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU3197aPyBQ[/video]

[video=youtube;ChDoQaqhHL8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChDoQaqhHL8&feature=relmfu[/video]

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
Bump!

I used to live in Victoria, and would kill to be able to attend this event, being held at Victoria's incredible Craigdarroch Castle:

http://www.victoriasteamexpo.com/

http://victoriasteamexpo.blogspot.com/

Oh man, I absolutely LOVE Craigderroch. I've been there probably 15 times and I drool over every inch of the place every time I go there. I love everything about it, right down to the creaky floorboards, even the SMELL of old wood and such. Fantastic place.

Wish I could own it >.> I'd have FL parties every weekend. hehe

BTW, I live in the Vancouver area :) Nice to see a fellow British Columbian!

DeaconKC

One Too Many
Just stumbled across this pic, hope you like it:
steampunk1.jpg

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
G&T:

I had to respond even though I've essentially given up on the Lounge as a poster (I still lurk a bit). We have very fond memories of Craigdarroch Castle. Our two girls have original artwork based on the Castle with a Christmas theme from the 2005 art exhibition there.

With bittersweet sadness we are no longer on Van Isle, having had to move back to Ontario (I'm an officer with the Royal Canadian Air Force). We hope to return to Victoria next year to visit, it's been nearly three years. Both our daughters were born there, and sadly neither remembers being too young (our baby was just ten days' old when we left).

Off topic I know!

Oh man, I absolutely LOVE Craigderroch. I've been there probably 15 times and I drool over every inch of the place every time I go there. I love everything about it, right down to the creaky floorboards, even the SMELL of old wood and such. Fantastic place.

Wish I could own it >.> I'd have FL parties every weekend. hehe

BTW, I live in the Vancouver area :) Nice to see a fellow British Columbian!

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
G&T:

I had to respond even though I've essentially given up on the Lounge as a poster (I still lurk a bit). We have very fond memories of Craigdarroch Castle. Our two girls have original artwork based on the Castle with a Christmas theme from the 2005 art exhibition there.

With bittersweet sadness we are no longer on Van Isle, having had to move back to Ontario (I'm an officer with the Royal Canadian Air Force). We hope to return to Victoria next year to visit, it's been nearly three years. Both our daughters were born there, and sadly neither remembers being too young (our baby was just ten days' old when we left).

Off topic I know!

Ah, I'm sorry to hear you had to leave beautiful BC. I was in the army reserve with the Seaforth Highlanders of Canada for 8 years myself :) We visited Craigderroch on our honeymoon and we have a beautiful drawing of the castle framed on our wall at home.

Why did you decide to leave FL? Tis a shame to see you go!

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Ah, I'm sorry to hear you had to leave beautiful BC. I was in the army reserve with the Seaforth Highlanders of Canada for 8 years myself :) We visited Craigderroch on our honeymoon and we have a beautiful drawing of the castle framed on our wall at home.

Why did you decide to leave FL? Tis a shame to see you go!

I made the cardinal mistake of posting an opinion contrary to the status quo in the ladies who smoke thread. This had the unfortunate effect of causing a "difference of opinion".

A frequent poster "told on me" to the bartenders.

I am 45 years old. I really don't need to return to the fourth grade. I'm responding online only because you're a decent chap G&T, a fellow west coaster and soldier.

Per Ardua Ad Astra.

DNO

One Too Many
I miss your posts MisterCairo. They were always interesting. I was wondering what happened to you. Given your explanation above, I can certainly understand your reluctance to play an active part in the FL. I would react in the same way.

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
I made the cardinal mistake of posting an opinion contrary to the status quo in the ladies who smoke thread. This had the unfortunate effect of causing a "difference of opinion".

A frequent poster "told on me" to the bartenders.

I am 45 years old. I really don't need to return to the fourth grade. I'm responding online only because you're a decent chap G&T, a fellow west coaster and soldier.

Per Ardua Ad Astra.

Hmmm I don't blame you; I'm sorry to hear that happened to you. I quite enjoyed your posts in the past as well and I'm sorry to see you go. All the best to you in your new digs, and feel free to PM me here anytime if you like :)

Cabar Feidh gu Brath!

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Looks like a reproduction of a WW1 U.S. "trench" lighter.

That's what it is. :)

^ looks cool, more info on it?

Thats the problem (well, not really): I don't have any more info on it. It came to me as is, without packaging or anything else. No brand name, either. I figured out how to refill the lighter (easy enough) and how to replace the flint but I don't know yet how to replace the wick (which should have some time anyway as the it still has never been used before). It's a nice little gadget, though. :D

Warden

One Too Many
Fans of vintage inspired steam punk may be interested in tonight’s Harry & Edna on the Wireless when Professor Elemental will be joining us.

You can hear the show tonight (Wednesday) 7pm UK time on the link here

Below is a clip of the great professor.

[video=youtube_share;rb8ij3GRMbI]http://youtu.be/rb8ij3GRMbI[/video]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto