Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Steampunk, Dieselpunk, etc.

Dennis Young

A-List Customer
I like Steam Punk! Yes, it probably originated with Wells and Verne.
Films of the genre could include "League of Extroidinary Gentlemen".

Warehouse 13 is also sorta Steam-punky. :)

Dennis Young

A-List Customer
gas_mask.jpg

I think this is going to give me nightmares.

-Dave
Does that thing come with a 'safe word'? ;)

Bugguy

Practically Family
Has anyone listened to any steampunk genre music? I found the Vernian Process (http://www.vernianprocess.com/) - their new single "Something Wicked That Way Went" reminds me of something from Moulin Rouge. I love the common items adapted by folks much more creative than me.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
http:// The last trip I made "across the pond" to visit Europe, I was very pleased to spend some time in Scotland, it was awesome. This is a Falkirk Wheel, and it is steam punk at it's finest!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab

Nathan Dodge

One Too Many
Around 1981-82, Sam Waterston starred in a CBS show called Q.E.D. His character was named Quentin E. Deverill and he was an American scientist living in Edwardian England and he came up with all kinds of inventions. He battled a German named Kilkus played by Julian Glover (from Indy...Last Crusade and the Star Wars movies). The show had a catchy John Addison-esque theme, though I don't think he composed the music for it. I was a dedicated viewer of the show during its six episode original run. Thankfully, the episodes are on youtube. It was produced by John Hawkesworth who did the Jeremy Brett Sherlock Holmes series.

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
There are better Steampunk books out there.

Aha..
"Leviathan" by Scott Westerfeld. I read it while ago.. and rather liked it.
but
"The Windup Girl" by Paolo Bacigalupi I haven't managed to find
(due to the fact that those books have not been imported OR translated, we don't have them here.. so IO have to.. ummm.. download in pdf.. free..) Umm, yes.. :D

Kirk H.

One Too Many
Around 1981-82, Sam Waterston starred in a CBS show called Q.E.D. His character was named Quentin E. Deverill and he was an American scientist living in Edwardian England and he came up with all kinds of inventions. He battled a German named Kilkus played by Julian Glover (from Indy...Last Crusade and the Star Wars movies). The show had a catchy John Addison-esque theme, though I don't think he composed the music for it. I was a dedicated viewer of the show during its six episode original run. Thankfully, the episodes are on youtube. It was produced by John Hawkesworth who did the Jeremy Brett Sherlock Holmes series.

I am going to have to check this out. It looks very interesting. Thanks for the info.

Kirk

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Bluebird Marsha

A-List Customer
^^^Is that little guy from Insect Lab? I do believe so:). I have a great deal of liking for those also. I keep telling myself that I should use part of my next year's bonus to buy some of his work. I do think they give off a steampunk vibe.

Bugguy

Practically Family
^^^Is that little guy from Insect Lab? I do believe so:). I have a great deal of liking for those also. I keep telling myself that I should use part of my next year's bonus to buy some of his work. I do think they give off a steampunk vibe.

His insects really appeal to me. I'll probably treat myself as well.

I passed through Nashville this afternoon.... Hilo, HI to Huntsville (daughter), then car to Ohio. If you were nearby, I assume you heard the sirens. Fortunately, I made the state line ahead of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner