Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Steampunk Tv Unit

zamurai21c

New in Town
For the antiquarian a Television stand is a difficult thing, I love modern style, but can not afford it and on another level I don’t feel it is truly for me. What to do? I often think out of the box but this time I thought about “The Box”. I needed a functional unit as I knew it would have to house all of my “Acoustical Visual Bliss Inducement Devices” and do so with a certain style. I know we all think it about the current crop of “Glued Sawdust” style components out there. I was in a store not long ago and for a unit the same length as mine6’ they wanted $1000 and it was particalwood!
I searched out a very talented artisan and commissioned my design, I think he brought it to life perfectly!

unit.jpg

Unit2.jpg

Unit4.jpg

zamurai21c

New in Town
Unit

The unit is 6’ long 16” deep and 20” high, the TV part is 5’ high and can hold up to a 47” I have a 37” on it now. Totally made of metal and finished with rivets and a colour process to age it. Now for the shocker $720.00 including delivery (the artist was in Austin I live in Waco about 96 miles!) My son will inherit it as it will be around forever!

unitt005.jpg

Atomic

One of the Regulars
I have to admit, when I first saw the folded diamond plate in the first picture, I groaned. Then I saw the riveted joints and thought "FALLOUT!!" It turned out awesome, I think you have a really neat piece there. Very creative and I'm impressed you sought out an artist to make it your own. Nice work!

Mav

A-List Customer
I find the steampunk thing to be a very clever cultural oddity, and while I'm not into it, there are some very cool- looking items. This is definitely one of 'em. Good job.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner