Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson 100 Hat Box

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Lucky You!

You STOLE this item. :p

This is a beautiful item, and you couldn't buy it for this price. You are very lucky. I have been looking for quite some time, but somehow missed this. Good Job my friend!

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
1214-32J.jpg

OK. Now that I see what's missing.....what do you suppose that ring is made of?

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
I was envisioning something else that I'd seen in earlier cases but the clear plastic looks right. What doesn't is the title "Homburg" applied to Truman's hat. Geeze...open crown equates to Homburg??

Fedora

Vendor
I think that is an Open Road, since he and LBJ were fond of this model. On that vintage hat box, that is what I want for traveling. You stole it. On the hat, I would love to own a Stetson 100 Open Road. Most of the 100's that I have seen have all been traditional western hats. Fedora

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
MK

Where did you get that picture of the hat for Harry S. Truman? That is the style he wore, and I believe that was his size.

It is not a homburg, just an "open crown" which is how most vintage hats were first sold. Soft enough to hand shape.

Zane

Suspended
I never seen any thing like that case before . Guess its the predecessor to the modern ones. I am waiting pictures of an old Stetson box in the mail now a guy is trying to sell. Does any one know if they have any value or how much value?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran