Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson 100 Mint w/Tan Presentation Case

Justdog

Practically Family
100 case and hat

Yes they got a great final auction price. Just like Dinnerman I got the case and hat under that closing. There was a nice 100 listed on the bay. I boldly asked what the reserve was and was told 750. The seller was "selling it for someone" ? The seller told me they go for 100 -300 with cases. Seemingly not super rare. A woman sold a very nice 100, no case, on Ebay but limited the sale to USA only, it went for 112. It deserved a better price than that.
Cheers.

PabloElFlamenco

Practically Family
I paid, I believe, £59 on the British eBay for my "100". Ok, it was too small (bought it anyway) and, counting the €150 or so it cost me to send it to Optimo over in Chicago and have it refurbished, I don't care: my best hat, my most elegant hat (I admit the the French could make them even more elegant, but lacking that masculine "American look", say like "Dick Tracy"). Oh, the red interior with gold lettering box (a real one, but cardboard - mid sixties is my guess) was pretty battered, and didn't have the plastic insert. Do I care! What a hat! Indeed: smoothly pliable but with plenty of ROM-memory as to what a shape should be. BTW: it fits; Optimo succesfully transformed the 6-7/8 into a 7-1/8. I do box it onto a hat-shaper and wear it for special occasions only. So, what did it cost me? Say $300 total. A modern-day (new) Borsalino will set you back about $300+ over here (Belgium). I'm pleased with what I got; it ain't comin' back! Oh yes, the avatar photo: that's the one!

new to me stetson 100

A mid sixties example... condition pretty much as it looked in the store. I concur with prior comparisons between the 100 and 7X clear beaver - very similar high quality finish to the felt, my 7X is somewhat lighter and more flexible than the 100... especially so in the brim. But there are probably 15 production years separating my 7 and the more recent 100...

case.jpg

red liner with original plexiglas inserts inside.

case_1.jpg

100_1.jpg

inside.jpg

liner.jpg

embroidered last drop liner:

liner_1.jpg

sweat_2.jpg

the felt is pounced to a very fine suede finish... a strong overhead light is needed to see texture:

felt.jpg

100_2.jpg

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
This thread is amazing to chart prices. In the very first thread a guy that found a 100 with a leather presentation case and in new shape was saying that $300 was too much to pay. Now-a-days JUST THE HAT without the case and everything else is going for over $400!!!

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This thread is amazing to chart prices. In the very first thread a guy that found a 100 with a leather presentation case and in new shape was saying that $300 was too much to pay. Now-a-days JUST THE HAT without the case and everything else is going for over $400!!!

The hat's on a roll. The next seller might offer "the story behind the hat" for another $400. And $600 if they want the story to be true.

This one was for sale for some time at a price that proved to be too high... the seller accepted half. It was still dear, but less than the cost of many modern 100% Beaver hats that don't come in a custom fitted suitcase. 8^) ... also less than the cost of inflation from 1965.

cheers,
Alan

Canadian Cowboy

One of the Regulars
A mid sixties example... condition pretty much as it looked in the store. I concur with prior comparisons between the 100 and 7X clear beaver - very similar high quality finish to the felt, my 7X is somewhat lighter and more flexible than the 100... especially so in the brim. But there are probably 15 production years separating my 7 and the more recent 100...

case.jpg

red liner with original plexiglas inserts inside.

case_1.jpg

100_1.jpg

inside.jpg

liner.jpg

embroidered last drop liner:

liner_1.jpg

sweat_2.jpg

the felt is pounced to a very fine suede finish... a strong overhead light is needed to see texture:

felt.jpg

100_2.jpg

Nice hat and case I wonder if Ted misses it.
CC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails