Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson Flagship

SteveFord

A-List Customer
That might explain why nobody in the family ever saw it; not because it was reserved for special occasions, it was hidden because it was stolen from a neighbor and would stick out like a sore thumb.
Kind of hard not to notice a hat like this one, especially if you're the local ne'er-do-well.

Now I wonder about this top hat I have which must be 100 years old if it's a day and doesn't appear to have EVER been actually used.
I was thinking it was too big for everyone's head back then and it just got shoved into the back of the warehouse when they fell out of fashion and languished unnoticed until just recently.
That scenario suddenly seems ridiculously naive.
A brand new, top of the line, collapsible opera hat would really be noticeable on your head...

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
A darker shade of dove gray than expected from the eBay seller’s photos, but still a nice shade of light gray. I’ll wear it a plenty!
This mid 40s Flagship is dry shaped and effortlessly holds whatever crease you like.
A marvelous example of Royal DeLuxe quality.
Sewed on a spare wind trolley since it possibly came with one, and if not, should’ve.
3BBE5142-C8BB-4943-9B28-C1AE070C7214.jpeg
D8BE7102-2F40-4E75-B735-CD4B422872C7.jpeg
221BF14D-F5E1-471C-A0D1-4D262404300A.jpeg

205163A9-BCA9-4EFF-9D27-FF903046D754.jpeg

A darker shade of dove gray than expected from the eBay seller’s photos, but still a nice shade of light gray. I’ll wear it a plenty!
This mid 40s Flagship is dry shaped and effortlessly holds whatever crease you like.
A marvelous example of Royal DeLuxe quality.
Sewed on a spare wind trolley since it possibly came with one, and if not, should’ve. View attachment 488879 View attachment 488875 View attachment 488877
View attachment 488881
Gorgeous! Great find.

hambone71

Practically Family
Question for you guys: did Stetson ever make the Flagship with a narrow bound edge and a narrow grosgrain ribbon treatment, similar to the Open Road? I have recently seen one with those features. The liner and sweat are labeled as Flagship but have those Open Road-ish brim and ribbon treatments. After skimming through this thread and one other, I have not seen an example of what I just described. Maybe I missed one somewhere.

Just wondering if it could have been mislabeled from the factory. Could they have put the wrong liner and sweat in a different model? Or did Stetson offer a Flagship with a narrow bound edge and narrow grosgrain ribbon?

hambone71

Practically Family
Question for you guys: did Stetson ever make the Flagship with a narrow bound edge and a narrow grosgrain ribbon treatment, similar to the Open Road? I have recently seen one with those features. The liner and sweat are labeled as Flagship but have those Open Road-ish brim and ribbon treatments. After skimming through this thread and one other, I have not seen an example of what I just described. Maybe I missed one somewhere.

Just wondering if it could have been mislabeled from the factory. Could they have put the wrong liner and sweat in a different model? Or did Stetson offer a Flagship with a narrow bound edge and narrow grosgrain ribbon?
Disregard my question above. After looking back at the photos, the hat is not labeled as a Flagship. It is being sold with a flagship box and the seller has it labeled as a flagship.

Carry on with your day.

Yep, she doesn’t know what she has. It appears to be an unnamed model. Still a nice hat, though. But no where near worth what she’s asking!

When it first listed I tried to tell her it was just a Flagship box but not a Flagship hat. I even sent her photos of a flagship liner and the sweatband debossing. She hasn’t changed the listing so I guess she just doesn’t care.

hambone71

Practically Family
When it first listed I tried to tell her it was just a Flagship box but not a Flagship hat. I even sent her photos of a flagship liner and the sweatband debossing. She hasn’t changed the listing so I guess she just doesn’t care.
Haha I did the same thing. There’s a note on the listing that says the seller is away until the 16th, which is today. Maybe she hasn’t been online to check her messages. She’s in for a crappy surprise when she does get back online lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112