Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson Nostalgia brims dimensions

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
Where did you guys get your Nostalgias (Nostalgi?)?

I picked up mine from Sterling Leather after getting a recommendation from Blackthorn. They don’t seem to have it listed on their site anymore, so I don’t know if they still carry it or not. I did see that the Fedora Store had them listed at a similar reasonable price now.

Mr E Train

One Too Many
It's 5 1/2" open crown if I remember correctly. Try calling the Stetson/HatCo outlets in Garland, Texas, or St. Joseph, Missouri (just Google the numbers) to see if they have your size in stock. I got mine from the Garland outlet for $99.95, and the St. Joseph outlet didn't have any at the time, but they said they would be getting some in.

Mr E Train

One Too Many
5 1/2 is 14 cm...is it not too much?

It depends on your taste. I personally think it's the perfect height. It's open crown, meaning it is just a round dome shape when you receive it, and then you crease it yourself, so you can lower the crown height more or less depending on how you choose to crease it. You can see mine in my avatar, I chose to make it into a pork pie.

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You can make tall open crown hats short but you cant make short open crown hats tall. So, imho, when in doubt, a little taller is the way to go.

:arated:

In the hat world, when in doubt, go big. More material gives you more to work with, even if the "work" is a little trimming a la snip snip on a big brim or shaping a tall crown into a short telescope.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24