Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson outlet question

Duper

Practically Family
I have 3 from the outlet. $99.00 was for a brown Pinnacle, $49.00 for a sage Temple and $49.00 for a brown Globester. All hats were delivered promptly and I am satisfied with the quality. My wife particulary likes the sage Temple. I put another more casual hat band on it. I don't recall the shipping costs.

I'm glad I only paid $49 for the Globester as it is a very low crown hat and not really my cup of tea. It may end up in the classifieds soon.

Mr E Train

One Too Many
You call them, and if they have what you want in stock, they take your credit card number and address over the phone and then they ship it to you.

T Rick

Practically Family
Remember, there are (at least) two Outlets. The HATCO Outlet in Garland (bought my Nostalgia there, was around $110 shipped) and Stetson Outlet in St. Jo. Missouri (haven't bought from them yet, but quoted $75 for a Whippet- they only had black in my size). Also quoted $110 I think it was for an Open Road.

With either store, you'll just have to call to inquire whether they have the model, size and color you are looking for. Both seem very helpful.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good day folks. New member from the MPLS/St.Paul, MN, USA area.

I have been gleaning sage wisdom on the forum for a bit before purchasing my first fedora's. Today I have ordered 3 new hats (Stetson Whippet/Brewster/Whippet-straw). They are my first ever big boy hats! Two hat purchases are from the Stetson Outlet store (TX). The pruchases went smoothly and I look forward to the deliveries.

Question:
Do you folks have a prepared list of hats/sizes/colors when calling the outlet store? I felt a bit akward asking the salesperson to shlep out and search for my more generic queries. Is it acceptable to ask the phone salesperson whar the various models/colors in my required size they might have?

Thanks in advance. Reading and learning, Eric -

(PS: As you can tell from the "naked" head pic in my avatar, I am in dire need of coverage.)

Last edited:

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Short Balding Guy, welcome to the Lounge :).
For the sake of time, both yours and that of the employees, I would recommend that you have a general idea of what you are looking for there. I believe that would be a lot more considerate, both towards the employees of the store and towards any in-store customers that whose assistance might be postponed as the employee searches the stock. By nature of the outlet, there may be a sort of randomness governing what stock is available, and it would probably be in your interest to ask objective questions.

Simply apply the Golden Rule: "ask of others what you would have them ask of you" :).
I wish you good luck in your search, and once again I welcome you to the Lounge.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
That is a really big black dog. Makes mine look like a toy.

FMW: Big...yes when it comes to washing, grooming and other chores, but not big in the dog world. She is bit less than 24 inches high and weight about 45 lbs. I have 3 Portuguese Water Dogs, all black with white splashes on their chests. She looks big in the pic as I am a "short balding guy," by my stature 5'3" and 125#. So what kind of dog do you have FMW, or should that be on a dogs and fedora thread...hmmm?

Neo; Thanks for the RSVP. The "Golden Rule" is certainly the fall back rule when in doubt.

Eric (aka Short Balding Guy)

Last edited:

Link

One of the Regulars
I did buy a caribou nostalgia, but in 7 1/8. I didn't find what I wanted on the floor, so I asked and the gentleman took me upstairs to find one.

ETA: Price tag on mine was $80.

Last edited:

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Good day folks. New member from the MPLS/St.Paul, MN, USA area.

I have been gleaning sage wisdom on the forum for a bit before purchasing my first fedora's. Today I have ordered 3 new hats (Stetson Whippet/Brewster/Whippet-straw). They are my first ever big boy hats! Two hat purchases are from the Stetson Outlet store (TX). The pruchases went smoothly and I look forward to the deliveries.

Question:
Do you folks have a prepared list of hats/sizes/colors when calling the outlet store? I felt a bit akward asking the salesperson to shlep out and search for my more generic queries. Is it acceptable to ask the phone salesperson whar the various models/colors in my required size they might have?

Thanks in advance. Reading and learning, Eric -

(PS: As you can tell from the "naked" head pic in my avatar, I am in dire need of coverage.)

I'm happy to see so many Twin Cities folks buying good fedoras. TC is where I'm from originally. Re the store phone call, if you think it's too much for one call, split it up into two calls, one day apart. You don't want to wear them out, but they do want to sell hats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner