Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson Real Nutria Fur antique western hat - 1920s

In a brief moment of insanity and in celebration of Stetson's sesquicentennial, I'd like to offer this long hair nutria from my collection of antique Stetson western hats. It's a generous size 7 1/8 and a little too large for me to wear. Head opening measures 6 7/16 x 7 7/8". 7" crown, 4" brim which is rolled to about 3 1/2". Condition is excellent. Sold for $20 almost a century ago - soft, lustrous, flexible, formable and completely wearable. $425 includes shipping in the continental U.S. Please PM with any questions or for additional information.

cheers,
Alan

realnutria1.jpg

realnutria2.jpg

realnutria3.jpg

realnutria4.jpg

realnutria5.jpg

realnutria6.jpg

realnutria7.jpg

realnutria8.jpg

realnutria9.jpg

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Wow, super nice! We dream of finding this hat in a 7 1/2.....the very best of luck on the sale of this beauty.

Many thanks for the notes.

Joao, I understand it is not inexpensive and that one could buy perhaps 10 modern hats for this price. To find an antique Stetson of this quality in this condition is not an everyday occurrence and I've paid this much and more for several just for the experience of handling and wearing them. The worth is purely subjective but I would trade twenty modern hats for this one. But that is just me (perhaps a handful of other Fedora Lounge members too.)

I'm very content to have it remain in my collection, but thought I would see if another Lounge member would like the opportunity.

all the best,
Alan

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
I do know Alan and I think the price isn't very high for that hat.
I would take it to have the same pleasure as you did but... I simply cannot afford it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21