Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson slant

philosophy101

A-List Customer
Philosophy, I think some of it is how those hats are shaped for those adds. My Whippets, Playboys and Stratoliners have a fair amount of variation between them when it comes to crown height but they all seem to be in the 5 1/2+ range. The 40's brought in some bigger brims which changed the whole crown height to brim size ratio but it is also true that 30's and earlier hats I have tend to be in the 5 3/4+ crown height range with 2 1/2 or smaller brims

It's all good to me
Thanks, Tommy. I've been watching a bunch of old B&W films from the 40s lately, and have been enjoying the seeing such a wide variety of highly individualistic creases and brim shaping.

g.durand

One Too Many
must have been time consuming to hand bash slants on an assembly line no ?

As I said I'm guessing. I have a Resistol and have seen others for sale with "Hand Creased" printed on the sweatband. If anyone had the manpower, it was Stetson. But again, with all the historical knowledge gone, who knows?

... I shamelessly bite off guys like you :)

I think it works both ways, moon. ;)

As a bump to an interesting lid......here is a "Slant" ad from 1941.......
One other thought about the popularly......perhaps the war took away the desire for "smart carelessness"....
M
20171205_115735.jpg

I've always been intrigued by this design. Would love to see one in captivity. No one to my knowledge has posted one.
Not with it's original crease anyway.......and to think....I actually ran across a wood block for one of these hats at a flea mrkt/antique show......I though it was modified it looked so strange...:eek:......had no idea it was supposed to be that way.........should have bought the darn thing...:rolleyes:;):)
M

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I've always been intrigued by this design. Would love to see one in captivity. No one to my knowledge has posted one.

Anthony has posted a pic of himself wearing a vtg. Stetson Slant. It is a dandy looking fedora. Love it!

As an aside in the vtg. Stetson Playboy ad of 10,000,000 Playboys sold it has small pics of guys wearing the hats. I recall one was wearing a Playboy with a crease like a slant. It is the Hollywood guy I recall. Slanted crease with an up brim across 1/2 the front brim.

Anthony has posted a pic of himself wearing a vtg. Stetson Slant. It is a dandy looking fedora. Love it!

As an aside in the vtg. Stetson Playboy ad of 10,000,000 Playboys sold it has small pics of guys wearing the hats. I recall one was wearing a Playboy with a crease like a slant. It is the Hollywood guy I recall. Slanted crease with an up brim across 1/2 the front brim.
+1 Of course Ant would have one. I'm interested enough to dig this one up from the bowels of the old posts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner