Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson Sovereign/20 Open Road

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
This is a recently arrived Stetson Sovereign/20. This one leaps from the pages of the Miller Stockman catalogue, which has been posted by various folks here. Felt is beautifully smooth. Open crown is 5 1/2", and brim width is 2 7/8". I think circa 1955 wouldn't be far off in terms of dating, and the hat is in great condition. After adding a number of arrowhead creases to my quiver lately, this one was whispering "teardrop" to me...;)

Stet20-2.jpg

Stet20Liner-1.jpg

Stet20Sweat-3.jpg

Stet20Sweat-1.jpg

Stet20Sweat-2.jpg

Stet20Liner-2.jpg

Stet20-3.jpg

Stet20-1.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

Last edited:

buler

I'll Lock Up
Awesome condition on that lid Jimmy! Congrats. I am a little worried that your hats are talking to you....

B

suitedcboy

One Too Many
JTL and a couple others have obviously developed a time machine and they're using it to go back and buy hats.
That looks like you just got it off the shelf at Miller Stockman.
No, you probably got it off the shelf at the Stetson outlet for even cheaper....

Last edited:

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Thanks folks -- and thanks for the musical interlude, rlk. 96 Teardrops -- my kinda song! :D

With this Sovereign, I think my Open Road collection is complete -- but you never know, I may just have to fire up the time machine one more time...;)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR