Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson Stratoliner Pin for February

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
This is an original, not a repro.

$60 shipped, with tracking, in the US.
I'll ship anywhere in the world for $55 + actual shipping cost.

If I receive your payment tonight, the pin will go out in tomorrow's mail.

1close_zps4c549c10.jpg

DSC_0026_zpse3f6b7ba.jpg

stratad.jpg
stratad2.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Now on ebay here.

but...DROP FOR THE LOUNGE

Purchase it here for $50 shipped if I receive your payment before any bids are placed on ebay.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Lefty, I won the auction, where free shipping was offered. Then you refused to send it to me unless I paid an extra $5 "shipping." You refunded my Paypal, but that's not the point. This was pretty low of you. All of you take note.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I'm sorry that this isn't going to work out, Blackthorn, but if we're taking notes

From the auction, and in the same huge type as the discription:

Free shipping in conUS with BIN
$5 conUS otherwise
Outside of conUS and International shipping available at actual cost to be determined after the close of the auction

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
I can't find that anywhere on this listing, Lefty. Can anyone point me to what Lefty is posting? It appears to me that you have cut and pasted from a different listing, Lefty. If so, that's unethical as can be, to be paid for something at the end of the bidding, then ask for more money after the bidding is finished, then when that's not forthcoming, to sell to someone else who offered more after the auction has closed.

Here's the original Ebay ad.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stetson-Str...3Khm7uYO5uOQVJOw%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc#shId

If that's what happened here, everyone needs to beware the next time Lefty offers another pin for sale.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I don't know why you're not seeing the text, or is it the part about free shipping with BIN that has caused confusion? That's free shipping with Buy it Now - a term generally understood among ebay users. If BIN was not used, shipping was $5. Shipping, incidentally, was going to run me more than $5, as it would be priority mail (which provides tracking). I think that goes for $5.60 these days.

Using the link you provided, and highlighting the pertinent part, here is the entire description:

Without one of these, your vintage Stetson Stratoliner might just be another Open Road. Heck, it might be any old thin-ribbon.
Without one of these, your sundae has no cherry.

For those with any interest in aircraft, it's easy to see that the pin shown here is of a DC-3. However, as the ad below clearly shows, this is the pin that came with the Stetson Stratoliner hat.

While there are reproductions available on the web, this is an original pin, with all of the patina and imperfections that come with about seventy years of age. The paint is original and well-preserved, and the pin functions as it should.

The pin has no marks as to metal content, maker, etc.

Free shipping in conUS with BIN
$5 conUS otherwise
Outside of conUS and International shipping available at actual cost to be determined after the close of the auction

No returns.

I'd also add that I've sold quite a few pins, hats, books, pants, sweaters, and other items on the Lounge, along with many other types of items (motorcycles, motorcycle parts, helmets, etc.) on ebay to strangers, Lounge members, and at least 3 Lounge Bartenders that I can recall. In all that time, around five years, this is the first time anyone has ever mentioned a concern, much less accused me of wrongdoing.

For whatever reason, you didn't pay the full amount due. As soon as I realized we had a problem, I refunded your payment in full. I think we're done here.

Last edited:

mustangman3000

One of the Regulars
I have to side with Lefty on this. The first time I saw the listing I noticed the $5 ConUS shipping charge on bids. I'd buy it from you for $38 If I already didn't have a Strat pin that I bought from you a while back.

I just hate to see personal business matters turn it to public attacks.

The Lounge is too good for that

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
I just got an email from a close friend who confirms what you're saying, Lefty. I don't know why I haven't been able to see it (I tried). I was further confused in that Paypal didn't see it either and listed $33 as the full price, which is why you got the amount you got. In any case, you were right and I humbly apologize, here for all to see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21