Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson Stuff

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
That box has the 1X nutra logo one it.....my collection still lacks a 1X(for now)
this is the one on its way to me

not exact ... I was mistaken ...

Screen_Shot_2018-01-31_at_2.18.23_PM.png

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
No Name hat company

Here are pictures of the crown sticker and sweatband stamping on a No Name hat company derby.

This is text from the article RLK found in post #88.

"It was John B. Stetson’s father, Stephen Stetson, who began a hat manufacturing career, first in East Orange’s downtown Brick Church section, then Orange, when he moved his operation to the Valley neighborhood.

It was in the Valley area that Stephen Stetson and his sons, including John B. Stetson, born in 1830, built the No Name plant.

Since the family never could decide on what to name the business, they simply agreed on No Name.

John B. Stetson, who suffered from tuberculosis, eventually left the family business in Orange, spent time exploring the Midwest, then headed back to Philadelphia, where, in 1865, he started his own hat manufacturing business.

It was in Philadelphia, not Orange, that John B. Stetson trademarked the Stetson name and built his own hat manufacturing empire under his own name.

Although John B. Stetson once served as president of No Name and held shares in the family business, the John B. Stetson Co. Ltd. of Philadelphia had no connection to No Name.

No Name, once Orange's third largest hat manufacturing concern, went out of business in 1926."

B

no_name_crown_sticker.jpg

no_name_sweat_mark.jpg
Thread bump
Greetings All:
Are these pics still available? Would love to see them. Thanks.
Be well. Bowen

buler

I'll Lock Up
Thread bump
Greetings All:
Are these pics still available? Would love to see them. Thanks.
Be well. Bowen

Bowen, yes the pics are still around somewhere. Because of the large number of photos I stored on photobucket and posted here, it will take quite a while to find and replace them. I plan on fixing them in my favorite threads as time permits.

B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider