Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson Surplus

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
IMG_2186.jpg

IMG_2188.jpg

IMG_2189.jpg

IMG_2191.jpg

IMG_2193.jpg

IMG_2194.jpg

IMG_2195.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Matt Deckard said:
I need to cut hearts in my hats.

To show you love them? I'm really impressed with what a good job whoever cut those on the cowboy hat did. The pointy downfacing bit hasn't even curled like I would have expected them to after who knows how many years.

I can't believe no one else has any Stetsons to post in this thread. I hope I didn't scare anyone off.

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
Modern Stetson Ashland

Nothing nearly as grand as Dinerman’s spectacularly wonderful period hat collection :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap , but here’s my modern caribou Stetson Ashland. It’s a great hat; takes a licking and keeps on ticking.

4735628299_9268d7a89a.jpg

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
B.J. Hedberg said:
Nothing nearly as grand as Dinerman’s spectacularly wonderful period hat collection :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap , but here’s my modern caribou Stetson Ashland. It’s a great hat; takes a licking and keeps on ticking.

4735628299_9268d7a89a.jpg

I've never even heard of an Ashland. That one's closer to my ideal look in a modern hat of any Stetson I've seen so far. Very nice, and you wear it well.

The light gray-blue hat is very nice with a bound edge and smaller brim. It looks to be late-50's. The darker gray comes close to a Fed/Indy type hat, almost a 30's look, but I think it's more likely 50's. That one is from JohnnyPhi's collection, the first is an e-bay find. I'm sure the Stetson scholars could give more approximate dates on those.

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Damn my head size. I seriously looked around at Johnny Phi, but unfortunately I'm 7 3/8, which pretty much has a ton of competition. As of right now, they only go up to 7 1/4. If I had only found the Lounge sooner. Oh well. [huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats