Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson "The Sovereign Twenty"

Good catch, Leo! Thank you, sir! I do wonder about this now, as most hats he seemed to be associated with were Cavanaghs. Do you have a link to the Ebay auction above?
I watched it go thru, Charlie. It only brought 2 bids for $26.00. Seller had a Stetson that belonged to Glen Ford that brought $330.00. No COA for either one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-PR...412315?hash=item33e8a4471b:g:p3IAAOSwA4Ba4IJw

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-50...120547?hash=item33ea5a54a3:g:VFsAAOSw7Bda4Ikc

I watched it go thru, Charlie. It only brought 2 bids for $26.00. Seller had a Stetson that belonged to Glen Ford that brought $330.00. No COA for either one.
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
ESPECIALLY the $26......Holy Cra..........COW.....just for vintage those sizes!
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
Why could I have not found the twenty.....:(.....the winner would have had to pay a good deal more.............
M

Here is my latest Stetson Twenty, mid-50's. This was a rehab....fitted with a new sweat AND ribbon and wind-trolley. SO....I will NOT be afraid to wear it out and about!!!!!
Has the Stetson "Mode Edge". True color best shown in the last image.
M
20180630_095116.jpg
20180630_095131.jpg
20180630_095149.jpg

Superb, Mark. The different coloured ribbon gives the hat a whole new look.
Yes, that ribbon was the buying point for me......usually the Twenties were very conservative in their ribbon choice.....this rehab was well done....even kept the original keyhole size tag and attached it to the new sweat.

Very nice Mark. With the refurb it should be a grab and go in the coming felt season. Love the color, versatile.
Yes, on these old hats the sweats are an often delicate affair....this will be an absolute favorite grab and go......now for some nice cool felt weather....I am already quite tired of the warm......
M;)

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Here is my latest Stetson Twenty, mid-50's. This was a rehab....fitted with a new sweat AND ribbon and wind-trolley. SO....I will NOT be afraid to wear it out and about!!!!!
Has the Stetson "Mode Edge". True color best shown in the last image.
M
View attachment 124971 View attachment 124972 View attachment 124973
Hey Mark:
I meant to comment on this long ago. Sorry
Love the contrasting ribbon!! I was wondering if you have time could you post it in full light? I’d love to see that. I think it really breaks the typical brown hat mold.
Very nice hat.
Thanks. Bowen

Hagwood

Call Me a Cab
I posted this in the Ebay hats thread, then I saw this one. I just got my first used/vintage hat and was trying to do a little research on it. Thanks to deadlyhandsome for letting me know it's from the late 50's to early 60's.

There still seems to be some confusion about 'The Sovereign'. It obviously isn't a model name since there are different styles, but why is it 'THE' Sovereign if it is the Sovereign quality designation ? And there are no model names on them.

Either way, seems like a nice hat, especially for $32. It was very dirty and I've only lightly cleaned it. I'm going to steam it and brush it some more, but it looks to be in great shape other than the damaged wind cord.

Any suggestions on a bash and what to do about the wind cord ? Also, any idea what the FMW on the sweatband is ?

hats10.jpg

hats11.jpg

hats12.jpg

hats13.jpg

hats14.jpg

hats16.jpg

hats17.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member