Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson Whippet 7 1/4

jdbenson

One of the Regulars
I was in a local vintage clothing store earlier today and noticed a mint condition Stetson Whippet, size 7 1/4 for sale. It's grey with a black hat ribbon, and grey brim binding.

If any one is interested, PM me, and I'll be happy to pass along info, or even go get it and send it to you if you can reimburse me.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
RobFedoraField said:

Rob - I think he's been getting a heckuva lot of PMs that aren't represented in this thread...and I know I haven't heard back, so perhaps it's already gone.

jdbenson

One of the Regulars
SOLD!

The Whippet is sold for a measly $110 (including shipping) to a big fish in Florida.

The shop even threw in a vintage stetson hatbox for FREE! It's an oval box with a cotton ribbon that ties across the top to prevent it from falling open. I've never seen one like it...

Florida_Marlin

One of the Regulars
Many Thanks!

Thanks to JD for such a generous gesture. The Lounge is a great place! Can't wait to wear that Whippet with my dark suits/jackets. Regards, F_M

jdbenson

One of the Regulars
Thanks!

I tend to haunt a few local vintage clothing stores around town in the hopes of finding a hat for myself. Most often there's nothing in my size (7 1/2 LO) and what I do find is usually pretty beat up. But when I find something that's really nice, I like to make sure it ends up in a good home.

Next time I find a treasure, I'll post here again!

Florida_Marlin

One of the Regulars
The Whippet Has Arrived!

Thanks again to JD. This is a pristine Whippet. Beautiful Hat. See phots in the Whippet thread in Hats. Regards, Marlin

Florida_Marlin

One of the Regulars
it was a lucky Day

I had to work that day, and was home late for lunch. Just happened to log on the PC just a few minutes after it was posted. Pure luck. I'm usually just a few minutes too late! Have missed quite a few! more pictures posted in the Whippet thread. Regards, Marlin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner