Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson Whippet for sale- Black; 2 Major Moore hats 7 1/4

warbird

One Too Many
Tough decision, but I have a few hats I am putting up for sale because they are simply too big for my head.

First up the Stetson Whippet

It is black and in excellent condition. There are no moth bites or any other maladies. There is a slight bit of wear on the leather band which holds the sweat, but nothing of significance. Sweat is in good condition.

Despite my best efforts to figure out a way to wear a hat that is too big, it just doesn't make sense to keep them. It has been stored in a box them entire time I have owned it. If I don't get any interest I will put on ebay in a few days. As they are getting harder to come by I hate to part with it, but plan to have Mike Moore make me a new hat or two in the next few months. All hats size 7 1/4.

Whippet $275 -----SOLD

IMG_4062.jpg

IMG_4063.jpg

IMG_4056.jpg

IMG_4055.jpg

P9240147-2.jpg

Major Moore, Buckaroo Hatters 7 1/4 Moore Lite
This hat is a custom made hat by Mike Moore. This is an all beaver hat. Color is natural beaver. This hat is a prototype model, first one made of the Moore Lite hat, which is a very lightweight beaver model Mike and Art both now make. This model is slightly heavier than the official first Moore Lite hat, which I believe Rusty got. The crown is just a hair over 5" and the brim 2 3/8.

There is one small blemish that is a small flat spot i the felt on the back of the brim. It isn't noticeable unless you look hard. I tried to take a pic of it, but it doesn't show up. But I like to be thorough so I am saying it is there. Because this is a summer weight hat there is no hat liner.

$125 obo. -----SOLD

Mike gave me a great deal on this hat and I am passing it along.
IMG_4057.jpg

IMG_4058.jpg

Lastly a gray wide ribboned beaver/rabbit mix. This was one of my favorite before losing weight. Sadly it doesn't fit anymore and I even tried to put the felt behind the sweat to make it fit. No go. Because I did have that padding behind the sweat you will see some wrinkling of the sweat, but it will even out on a proper fitting head. Brim is 2 1/2" and the crown is 5 1/2"

$100---- Still available

IMG_4060.jpg

IMG_4061.jpg

IMG_4059.jpg

Edited: All prices are for the hats. Shipping will be additional, depending on how the buyer(s) would prefer to have it sent to them.

Last edited:

warbird

One Too Many
The Whippet and the Moore Lite are sold. I am waiting on one person who has expressed interest in the gray wide ribbon to say whether they want this hat.

warbird

One Too Many
Top. Gray, wide ribbon Mike Moore Buckaroo hatter hat still available. I have had questions about how light the gray is. i would say it is darker than what is shown in the pics, due to flash. However, it is not in any way a dark gray hat. But unmistakeably gray. Has a nice contrasting black ribbon.

warbird

One Too Many
Still looking to sell or trade for a western hat or an Akubra size 57.

Top. Same as above. Sell the wide ribbon gray hat or trade for a western style hat or an Akubra of a outback style. Even if it is an older hat.

To sweeten the post I am going to throw in another hat to the mix on a nice hat trade. It is a Huckel hat, not of the old vintage hat, but only about 7 years old. It is all fur felt, of a medium grade. Looks much like a Stetson sovereign, about the same dimensions. The hat is a very light khaki tan with a very slight peach tint to it. The tag indicates the hat is a 7 1/8, but I wear a 7 1/8 and it is much closer to a 7 1/4 than a 7 1/8. I don't wear it, it's just taking up space in a hat box.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran