Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Still losing

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
back on topic?

Another bad thing about dieting is that it messes with your metabolism. My thought on dieting is, eat sensible. I really don't see why you can't have a goodie, just keep it in moderation. Also, eating 5 small meals a day kicks in your metabolism so that your body is burning calories constantly

LaMedicine

One Too Many
Nutrition lesson

Wonderful work, Matt!!
You're a great model for those attempting to acheive healthy weight and healthy lifestyle.

To put it in a nutshell:
Make sure your energy input is not larger than your energy output.
If you daily eat more than you daily expend, the rest is going to be stored in your body, mostly as fatty tissue. To lose weight, eat 500-1000 kcals less than the energy you need to keep your present body weight.

Added to that, be sure get in protein, carbs and fat (yup, you need fat, too) in the neccessary amount and balance, as well as the micronutirents--vitamines and minerals.
Exercise will up your expenditure. And exercise isn't limited to the gym, the pool, or roadwork like jogging and running. Dancing, good hard housework, doing a healthy workout with your dogs all count. Even that lovely dovey with your lovey dovey.

:cheers1:

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
I lost some weight a few years ago. Not much, maybe 10 pounds, but I put on a lot of muscle, too. My wide feet got narrower, the hail damage went away, and even my hands looked thinner.

Glad that you're both taking such good care of yourselves.

Strider

One of the Regulars
The only time I ever notice that I go down a hat size is when I cut my hair. I can wear a size 7 1/8 down from a 7 1/4 then, but I usually just pad my hats so I don't have to buy new ones.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I had no idea you were on this quest Matt. I know how hard this can be so kudos! You were handsome then and you look great now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot