Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stitch NYC fedoras

Bingles

A-List Customer
I know there is a bit of a prejudice for wool fedoras. I myself have always owned fur felt for the winter time -- but I've found a brand that I am very happy with.

Stitch hats: http://stitchhats.com/index.php

As much as I love my fur felt hats, the leather sweat bands make them too warm to wear in the early fall/early spring times when the temps are above 40. I tend to sweat easily, and the leather sweat bands add to that problem. Many wool fedoras.. at least many of the brands like Stitch and even Hats in the Belfry don't use leather sweat bands.

Last year I purchased two wool fedoras from Stitch - both porkpies. I wanted something a bit different and a tad edgier than a traditional fedora, and Stitch had a cool selection. I get so many compliments when I wear them out about.

When I took them out of summer time storage I noticed neither have shown any signs of shrinkage. The still look brand new and fit great. -- Though I know many strongly dislike wool -- and especially stingy brims, I thought I would bring this brand to the attention of those, like myself, who love the stingy brimmed fedora and like to mix things up from time to time.

hatflick1

Practically Family
Hipster hats. That's what my son would call them. I think he'd walk a half a block ahead if I wore one.
Question: Will they be the vintage collectibles of Loungers fifty years from now???

Me, I'm just glad to see the youngsters wearing hats. It's likelier it will be they, rather than the likes of us, who will reestablish hats as part of the typical man's wardrobe, should that ever come to pass.

And it's good to see you around this joint again, Bingles.

Last edited:

Bingles

A-List Customer
I wouldn't classify them as hipster -- they are a taking a classic look and updating it, which constantly happens to clothing. Sometimes a guy likes to add something different. [huh]

Thanks, Tonyb! I do pop in every week or so to see what's happening in the lounge.

Grizzly Adams

A-List Customer
Well, I would not wear one into the local cafe in these parts, but to each his own. That's just the kind of hat my son would wear.......me, I need a bit more brim.......what with the sun and all.....:cool:

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
They are nice looking and would be a good starter hat for a young guy. I have some old Dobb Milan's that are stingy brim that I wear in the summer gives a Lite and Fun air when wearing them.

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for sharing, Bing. Some of those hats look pretty interesting. I'm surprised that the brims are even stingier than the few fedoras I have from Goorin Bros. Which ones do you have from Stitch?

Bingles

A-List Customer
Hi Scion!!! I have two currently: I have a brown diamond porkpie and just purchased a grey with brown trim "cowbell" porkpie. I love the shape, hate the name "cowbell" lol.

The cowbell has a brown leather under brim which makes it rather interesting. The brims are quite stingy, which I love -- I always wear my brims up, which to me looks better with a smaller brim width (on me anyway.. I never could rock the wide brims).

I wore the new hat out to the bars last night and got a few compliments on it -- like I said, just something a tad different from the traditional hat - and well made for a wool hat.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
To be honest, regardless of one's personal preferences, it is great that someone is making hats in this country.

I looked at the Makins page and some of their hats look to be pretty good.

Seems they have identified their market and are making the products their clients want.

To be honest, regardless of one's personal preferences, it is great that someone is making hats in this country.

I looked at the Makins page and some of their hats look to be pretty good.

Seems they have identified their market and are making the products their clients want.

Exactly. Precisely. You betcha. Et cetera.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner