Storing Aero horsehide jacket--hanger or flat?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by tweedydon, Jan 2, 2014.

1. LouisBailie

LouisBailie Banned

I have very large Vanson, Schott, Burberry, Carhartt, and military shearling on these: Large Coat Hanger Co.

Super wide, heavy duty, and made in USA. I get them off Amazon.

2. Cyber Lip

Cyber Lip Practically Family

You're also supposed to leave it soaking in the tub, and left outside wet draped across a chair

3. Cyber Lip

Cyber Lip Practically Family

4. simonc

simonc Practically Family

I use a suit jacket hanger with a thick woollen coat on it already and then hang the leather jacket over that. The softness of the coat underneath prevents any stretching or miss-shaping. I don't leave my clothes out primarily for dust, that and what kinda dad would I be?

5. Bennarion

Bennarion One Too Many

The most important thing is that the coat hanger should have the same angle as the jacket. I spent 45 minutes and made the hanger myself. IMG_20190617_091116.jpg IMG_20190617_090551.jpg IMG_20190617_091447.jpg IMG_20190617_091156.jpg

6. Peter Mackin

Peter Mackin Practically Family

I use extra wide wooden hangers & the pad them out with pipe insulation and make them as wide as a drainpipe,,,then a cover of bubble wrap ,,works a treat .

7. Bennarion

Bennarion One Too Many

If on a hanger the angle of inclination with the jacket does not coincide, such folds may appear which then cannot be disposed of.
    IMG_20190617_131011.jpg

8. Edward

Edward Bartender

My grandmother used to hang my blazers on the coatrack by putting the hook up the sleeve, which she beleiveed (and she wasn't wrong about much) would help them keep shape better than either that or using the loop.