Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stratojac -Winer Manufacturing Co.

mannySpaghetti

One of the Regulars
I've recently acquired a nice double breasted Stratojac topcoat and like I do with all my vintage clothing, have been trying to seek out the companies history. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find out much about the company. About all I know is they started some time around 1894 in Hammond, Indiana and then tanking around 1987, filing for chapter 11 bankruptcy. Can anyone enlighten me or guide me to some info about Stratojac? I like to know exactly what I'm wearing.

Here's the ebaY pic and believe me, it doesn't do this coat any justice at all. Scored it for $23!
Stratojactopcoat.jpg

This coat's in NM condition; 100% wool shell. All the stitching's perfect and there's no wear on the the material whatsoever. Aside from a couple of buttons that I had to resecure and that "old" scent to it, it's a fantastic coat. I can hardly wait to get this baby back from the cleaners on Saturday. I'll toss up a better pic when I get it back. Pushover Humphrey! :D

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
The label on that one looks like an '80s model. I have a '50s one. In any event, it's a pretty classic looking design.

Here's what mine looks like- just to give you an idea of the older label style.
IMG_3805.jpg

1950HAMMONDINDIANAWINERMFGCOSTRATOJ.jpg

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
They were a solid mid-market maker, well made but nothing fancy; mainly casual/outdoor offerings.

mannySpaghetti

One of the Regulars
Fit's like a glove!

Well I finally got my Stratojac overcoat back from the cleaners and what a difference! Fit's like a glove and looks so sharp I cut myself. :D

HPIM2327.jpg
Stratojactopcoat.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Looks great on you! Amazing the difference in the look from being worn to the auction photo. Nice coat.

I Simonius

New in Town
mannySpaghetti said:
Well I finally got my Stratojac overcoat back from the cleaners and what a difference! Fit's like a glove and looks so sharp I cut myself. :D

really sharp! :cool2:

mannySpaghetti

One of the Regulars
Thanks guys, it's quite a nifty coat. Show it a little love and well, there you go. And yes Artigas, it's getting pretty cold here in New England(MA).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy