Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Strike-anywhere matches

Speedster

Practically Family
Thanks BellyTank. I know that shop. It's the one between Peblinge Doseringen and Bl?•g?•rdsgade. I never knew you could get those matches in Denmark and they have been right in front of me all along.

Shaul-Ike Cohen

One Too Many
newspapercowboy said:
I love using these to light my pipe...

I did so for the first times yesterday. After checking where there are outdoor equippers downtown, I just went to my regular pipe and tobacco supplier and asked. Somehow I thought they were illegal, but he had Swedish Vulcan matches.

Shaul-Ike Cohen

One Too Many
BellyTank said:
Vulcan are 'Safety Matches'.

As far as I know, Vulcan is a company (on or near Vulcan??n in Sweden), and they might well produce different kinds of matches.

The ones I have strike on all kinds of surfaces.

Shaul-Ike Cohen

One Too Many
Here's a bad-webcam shot. There aren't any hints apart from a remark "conforms to [# of EU law probably]". Probably if they were safety matches it would state so.

Vulcan.gif

Section10

One of the Regulars
Lucifer matches are in any grocery store up north here. We use them all the time in our wood cook range and when I worked in the woods I always carried a few with cotton in a little metal cannister. If they are dry they will light almost anywhere. The seat of the pants, the fingernail, the pants zipper (closed preferrably), even your teeth. I've started several noon day fires with them in 4' deep snow & below zero weather to thaw out the mayonnaise in my sandwiches so I could eat them. I hate frozen mayo.

Speedster

Practically Family
BellyTank said:
Velbekomme-

On the subject of shopping; where was that vintage clothing shop you mentioned once before..?

As an aside- Petitgas doesn't know anything about hats beyond modern Borsalinos... shame...

Happy shopping.

B
T

It's on ?òsterbro - Hessel??gade 1 just around the corner from Jagtvej. On Jagtvej they also have a shop with vintage womens clothes. I still have not been to the shop even though i almost drive past it every day when driving from Frihavnen to Lyngbyvejen to get to the motorway.

http://www.krak.dk/GRIDS/MAINPAGES/...p_bottom=&Tagning=4.21_Kort_ForsStKort/KN_Sog

Yeah, i know that Petitgas is only a shadow of its former self. I once went in there with my old beater fedora to ask if they could clean it and steam/bash it. They informed me that they didn't do anything like that. Another time i went in there to ask if they had any good quality Western hats. They showed we some wool felt Stetsons and told me that was the best quality hat could get.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran