Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stuff in your PURSE

princessofcandl

One of the Regulars
Elaina said:
Unfortunately, they wouldn't let me bring the HK gun out of Japan.

Just kidding. I HAVE seen one here in Texas, tho, but I wasn't spending $600 on a pink gun. Somehow I don't think anyone would take me serious with it.

OMG! We HAVE to be bestest friends! Disclaimer: I do live in Texas. My hubby wants to get me a gun and take shooting classes. He's in a gun club. Now I can tell him what gun I want. Must search this one out!

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Bus tokens/pass. (I don't wanna walk home if the date doesn't go right!)
Lipstick. Sometimes 2, especially if one is usable as blusher.
Mascara.
Sugarless gum or mints.

I hope to be getting a .38 by the end of the year. So far, though, I don't even have mace.

-Viola

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
Viola said:
Bus tokens/pass. (I don't wanna walk home if the date doesn't go right!)
I hope to be getting a .38 by the end of the year. So far, though, I don't even have mace.

-Viola

The bus tokens are a good idea Viola! I just hope your date doesn't make you angry if you're going to have a .38!:eek: lol

Eleanor Marie

One of the Regulars
Ha

If I try to fit more stuff in my bag I won't be able to lift it! I have lipsticks in a little bag and nothing else is for the 'retro' look, just loads of junk I justify carrying around, oh yes and my asthma inhalers - one in every bag! :rolleyes:

JazzBaby

Practically Family
hotrod_elf said:
I'm sorry but I don't carry a purse except when I don't have pockets. Then all I carry is my wallet, phone, and bobby pins. I don't wear make-up. Oh sometimes a pack of smokes if I'm going out for a few drinks. However, lately I have gotten two new purses. Nothing vintage but cool. One is black with red pinstriping on it, (my husband found for me) and a metal flake blue vinyl purse someone made (soon to arraive).

A girl after my own heart...when I'm in tomboy mode my pockets are bulging with junk. However when I do carry a handbag, I have to have everything matching in it...

Are y'all serious about the guns???:eek:

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
Eleanor Marie said:
If I try to fit more stuff in my bag I won't be able to lift it! I have lipsticks in a little bag and nothing else is for the 'retro' look, just loads of junk I justify carrying around, oh yes and my asthma inhalers - one in every bag! :rolleyes:

But I bet you get a great arm work out in if there's so much in it!lol That's my backpack to a T!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
for a night out:

1. mirror/powder compact
2. lipstick
3. comb
4. bobby pins
5. FASHION TAPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i cannot emphasize how awesome fashion tape is to take with you EVERYWHERE. that hem that's coming unsewn? that bra or slip strap that won't stay put? the low neckline that doesn't stay in place? that button placard on your blouse that keeps gapping? dress shields that won't stay in place? stay up stockings that slip?

forget about a sewing kit, fashion tape is where it's at. i always use the travel packs that you can buy at Sally Beauty that contain tape of 2 different widths.

FASHION TAPE I LOVE YOU!!!!!

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
KittyT said:
for a night out:

1. mirror/powder compact
2. lipstick
3. comb
4. bobby pins
5. FASHION TAPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i cannot emphasize how awesome fashion tape is to take with you EVERYWHERE. that hem that's coming unsewn? that bra or slip strap that won't stay put? the low neckline that doesn't stay in place? that button placard on your blouse that keeps gapping? dress shields that won't stay in place? stay up stockings that slip?

forget about a sewing kit, fashion tape is where it's at. i always use the travel packs that you can buy at Sally Beauty that contain tape of 2 different widths.

FASHION TAPE I LOVE YOU!!!!!

Bring lots, because your girlfriends will steal it from you.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Here be mine!

carryall.jpg

Now I dont carry a purse, and I dont wear make up, but there are some staples that i have at all times. I put them into little bags, and just stick the bags in whatever larger bag I have.

1. the baggie (its undies!! isnt it precious!!)

2. My iPod

3. 100% Cocoa Butter Stick. This thing is great for hands, elbows or any other rough spot on the body, and smells sooo goood.

4.Cocoa butter chap stick. LOVE this stiff. Its super cheap (one dollar a tube), and it smells sooooo goood.

5.A few pins and hair clips.

6.A hankie.

7.Peppermints for the breath ;)

8.A choco fix. These are chocolate calcium chews. Yummy.

9.MUNI money. Always a few dollars in change to make a call or catch the bus.

**10.When Aunt Flow is visiting, Im always prepared (didnt htink I needed to picture that ;) ).

LD

Adelaidey

One of the Regulars
Oooh, I have so many odds 'n' ends in my purse, its insane. But for the vintage upkeep, I guess my mascara, lipstick, compact, chapstick.... and billions upon billions of bobby pins!!! Every purse I own is infested with at the very least a dozen bobby pins and a chapstick.... haha, the things just breed like bunny rabbits, I swear!lol

Nina

New in Town
i have a bag that is misleading. looks smallish but i can fit so much in there. i have been known on occasion to fit 2 hipflasks(naughty i know), a cardigan, underwear, a purse, phone, ipod, makeup (tons of it) and whatever other bits and pieces that wandered in there. this bag is about 15cm by 25cm by 7cm. i went straight from work to a concert to dancing to my boyfriend's place so it was neccesary. daily i don't usually bother with the hipflasks or cardi so there is a bit more room

Grnidwitch

A-List Customer
Lady Day said:
carryall.jpg

Now I dont carry a purse, and I dont wear make up, but there are some staples that i have at all times. I put them into little bags, and just stick the bags in whatever larger bag I have.

1. the baggie (its undies!! isnt it precious!!)

2. My iPod

3. 100% Cocoa Butter Stick. This thing is great for hands, elbows or any other rough spot on the body, and smells sooo goood.

4.Cocoa butter chap stick. LOVE this stiff. Its super cheap (one dollar a tube), and it smells sooooo goood.

5.A few pins and hair clips.

6.A hankie.

7.Peppermints for the breath ;)

8.A choco fix. These are chocolate calcium chews. Yummy.

9.MUNI money. Always a few dollars in change to make a call or catch the bus.

**10.When Aunt Flow is visiting, Im always prepared (didnt htink I needed to picture that ;) ).

LD

Ok, LD, where did you get the undies thingy? Is that the cutest thing or what. Can you post more pics? Maybe I can reproduce it.

r lush

New in Town
Undie bags are so cute, I think I saw them at Urban Outfitters or one of those type of shops.

I always carry small handbags or clutches, so I have refined the contents to the bare essentails...
I always carry red lipstick, a little tin with sparrows on it that I put some loose face powder for touch ups, bobby pins and hair elastic, my itty bitty card/id and money holder-- the not so vintage looking contents are a small cell phone, and if I have the space my ipod (i have a 30gb but really really want one of those tiny shuffles!)

I think I see a theme here with some of the contents of our purses...
we love our red lipstick and bobby pins!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Grnidwitch said:
Ok, LD, where did you get the undies thingy? Is that the cutest thing or what. Can you post more pics? Maybe I can reproduce it.

lol

Ive had that thing for going on 10 years. A few years ago, they became all the rage, but I think the company Parcel (as seen on the tag on the bag) started them. Yeah Urban Outfitters had them, but check Parcel's website, or in every mall known to man, Clare's (the earing store) may have them too.

Or you could just use a Tampon Case
:D

LD

Adelaidey

One of the Regulars
Hey LD, since seeing it in your bag, I picked up a stick of that cocoa butter lip balm when I saw it at Walgreen's-- and am absolutely IN LOVE with it! Thanks for the rec!;)

Vanessa Anne

Familiar Face
Stuff for my handbag...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BENEFIT-GLAMO...ryZ21023QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Wow, that's one long web address!

I can't live without my glamourette!!! It's the size of a mobile phone and has blush, powder and lipstick all in a very vintage package. All the bits are refillable so you can choose the colours you want to use and change them when you like. I own 4 of these. Two for daytime and one for evening. Unfortunatly Benefit stopped making these but there are loads on...you guessed it. E bay :eusa_doh:

princessofcandl

One of the Regulars
Nina said:
i have a bag that is misleading. looks smallish but i can fit so much in there. i have been known on occasion to fit 2 hipflasks(naughty i know), a cardigan, underwear, a purse, phone, ipod, makeup (tons of it) and whatever other bits and pieces that wandered in there. this bag is about 15cm by 25cm by 7cm. i went straight from work to a concert to dancing to my boyfriend's place so it was neccesary. daily i don't usually bother with the hipflasks or cardi so there is a bit more room

Hahaha.... hipflasks and undies... sounds like a rocking night!

Pina Bridgette

One of the Regulars
Well, I've recently cleaned out my purse so this should be relatively painless.

Mobile, keys, sunglasses, id wallet, coin purse, moleskine notebook, pen (one I don't mind losing), mirror, pocket comb, lipstick & clear gloss (molton brown lipsaver) & citrus tic tacs or other hard candy/mint. Vial of advil & feminine products, as necessary. But since a clean purse is a magnet for bits of paper (at least mine is), I am sure mine will soon be filled with various receipts, lists and other paper goods.

It may not be this way for all women but I can transfer everything from my smallest purse to my largest with room to spare but within moments, it seems like the new purse is filled. I've always just assumed it was one of those odd rules of the universe. Like gravity.

Which has led me to establish Miz Pina's 2nd rule of pocketbooks:

No matter how big the purse, it will somehow get filled to capacity... and beyond.

Summarized as: If you buy it, you will fill it.

The 1st rule being: You can always use a new pocketbook!

P.

Miss Brill

One Too Many
-3 keys (1 for house & 2 for my truck) on a stuffed hippo keychain (it is very easy to find in a dark bag)

-a tube of Nivea Extra Enriched lotion

-a purple/red Buxton wallet w/keychain (has spare truck keys, but not house keys, because it has my DL in it & that has my address on it)

-vintage advertising mirror with a piece of toile covering the back ad

-tube of carmex

-3 packs of Extra Winterfresh gum

-1 partial pack of Breath Savers

-1 tube of Donna Loren clear lipgloss

-1 pencil & 1 pen

-old art deco flat compact w/loose face powder

-5 bobby pins

That is all. :D

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Day purse/night purse

I am not even going to try to list the day purse, as it is my bane... way too big, but every time I try to pare it down, the thing I pared it the thing I really need!

So, nighttime purse:
Compact (vintage, whichever matches the outfit)
Lip liner, lipstick (generally red)
Eye drops (dry contacts are dangerous to drive in)
House key, car key
Pen (wish it was vintage, but I am terrified of leaky fountain pens after a bad incident)
Business cards in a pretty case
Cash, ID and insurance card, ATM card
Phone (I know it's ugly, but I have to have it with me at all times, you never know when you will get a call to play for some great gig!)
Hanky (vintage, whichever matches the outfit)
Cigarette case and holder (vintage, whichever matches the outfit) I don't really smoke, but I smolder without inhaling.
And, always a needle threaded with whatever color of thread the dress is! Vintage blowout is so embarrassing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred