Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

STUPID QUESTION...WHATS THE BEST FORUM TO BUY OR SELL A-2 B-3 IRVIN

Cooper A-2

Practically Family
Upfront, sorry for my dumb asking...but whats the best forum to buy or sell all our A-2's B-3's Irvin's etc?
Apologies but at the end of the day...it comes/ finishes all back at freebay....fleebay... its my humble little experience.
A lot of listings here and there..but finally...selling is done on the fleebay.
Please help why ...and why...and if maybe I am mistaken
Thx, merci.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Its just down to numbers, ebay has a crap load more people on it actively looking to buy stuff.

I would assume people go to the various forum buy and sells just browsing to see whats going on.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Ebay is the main place I would think, but break it down like this.
If you have an overpriced item you get masses of watchers and probably almost no real buyers just to see if the item will sell at the inflated price,probably so they too maybe able to attain a similar price. It doesn't always work but if someone who is new to collecting really wants it, they may just pay the high price.
Put one on at a cheap and you may get a starter bid and during the week a few small bids then a mad rush in the closing minutes.
Now advertise your item at an average selling price that you have checked in the completed items list. Like invitations to a party, some will be genuinely bidding, others will be watching to pick it up in the last seconds others will be watching and forget to bid(usually like me). I like to put in my maximum then there is usually a crazy scramble in small bids to outbid me. Some you win, others you loose.
There are of course other forums like this one and also word of mouth. Auctions are not always the best ways to sell or buy to get the best price.

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The Bay has worked for me! Sold one jacket in the Classified here (G-1) but all the rest (considerable number) ended up on the Bay.

Initially I advertised here and the VLJ Forum but having not much luck eventually had to use the Bay reluctantly. A couple of purchasers turned out to be former FL members.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo