Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stylish WWII Aero M422A jacket with olive knits

Sir Jacket

Practically Family
Up for sale is this stylish and barely worn version of an Aero Clothing M422A leather jacket -- the classic WWII US navy predecessor of the (vastly inferior but better known) G1. The modifications comprise oil-pull leather rather than goatskin, olive green knits (for which there are historical precedents, should this concern you), a plain leather as opposed to mouton collar, single-piece rather than bi-swing back, satin-lined sleeves (for ease of wearing) and an internal lefthand pocket (pictured). It is in other words, perhaps more like the simpler, rarer and more stylish ANJ3 naval jacket than a full M422A.

I have made no changes to the basic dimensions, apart from the arm length, which are as follows:

Size: 42 (however, take note that this is a trim-fitting jacket, so 42 more accurately equals a normal size 40)
Pit-to-pit: 19"
Shoulder-to-shoulder: 18"
Arm length: 26"
Back length: 26"

To the uninitiated, Aero makes some of the most magnificent recreations of vintage leather jackets in the world.

Of the lovely "oil-pull" horsehide, the company says the following:

"Oil-pull" is a rather unfortunate and misleading term as it suggests a greasy finish, which couldn't be further from the truth. The horsehides are stuffed with natural oils and waxes during the tanning process before being sealed under a clear top finish, which lets all the character of the hide show through whilst allowing subtle natural variations in shade to develop as the jacket moulds to the wearer's figure. The "natural" way to a vintage horsehide jacket!

This is a magnificent jacket, and the craftmanship is outstanding. I'm selling somewhat reluctantly but just because I've come to the conclusion that the look is a little too military for me. I have worn it perhaps a dozen times.

Price: £375

Postage: £20 for within the UK; international amounts will vary – please consult this page: http://www.royalmail.com/personal-customers/international-personal

More pics on the ebay listing but would prefer to avoid the fee, if poss: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280911533091

DSC_5705.jpg

DSC_5709.jpg

DSC_5707.jpg

DSC_5708.jpg

DSC_5706.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy