Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Submitted for your approval

Kevin Popejoy

One of the Regulars
Hi everyone,

Here a couple objects of my affection. I'm new here and thought this would be a good way to introduce myself.

A Dobb's I recently acquired although I have no idea of it's vintage. Any guesses?

dsc00975kv2.jpg

dsc00976vn4.jpg

dsc00977ab7.jpg

dsc00990ie9.jpg

And a Stetson I'm very proud of. Any comments would be appreciated.

dsc00991tm5.jpg

dsc00992sd3.jpg

dsc00998sq7.jpg

dsc01003oe6.jpg

dsc01006fs1.jpg

That's all for now but no doubt more to come. I hope I didn't overdo the photos...but ain't they purdy. These are basically as received...I really saw no compelling reason to alter them. What do you think?

Cheers, Kevin

squid

One of the Regulars
I can't comment on the age of the hats, but they do look nice. On a wild guess I would say they are old enough to be considered vintage.

SinatraStyle

A-List Customer
Kevin Popejoy said:
That's all for now but no doubt more to come. I hope I didn't overdo the photos...but ain't they purdy. These are basically as received...I really saw no compelling reason to alter them. What do you think?

Cheers, Kevin

It's pretty hard to overdo it on pictures around here. Those are some very nice hats!

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Yeah, you can't overdo the pictures since we love to see them. Very nice looking lids, especially the Stetson. Would like to see shots of them being worn as well.;) Congratulations!:eusa_clap

Cheers!

Dan

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I love 'em both, but that Stetson is a honey and a half. If posting "too many pictures" was a problem, I would have been ridden out of here on a rail a long time ago. lol

Let's see some shots of them on your head. You can wear sunglasses if you want to be incognito. ;)

Kevin Popejoy

One of the Regulars
Thanks, I'll take a couple head shots when I get a chance. I kind of lucked out on the Stetson price wise. Not sure why. The larger sizes can go pretty high sometimes. I guess I have my karmic debts in order. k

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
As the guy in the top hat says, you can't post too many
pictures of hats here!

I'd put both those hats in the 1950s (or maybe even
early 60s on the Dobbs), but you know
what they say about opinions. Very nice, in any
event, and thanks for sharing them. Keep on posting
the pictures!

mauriciogray

New in Town
Awesome

Vintage or not are amazing hats.
Most of my hats are new... because sometimes I can't find my size in a antiques stores and I like the model... my hatter hates me... but he wins money selling hats.

I love Borsalinos but I can't deny the Stetsons and Dobbs are very impressive hats.

Enjoy them with proud.

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran