Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Suggested Items In Attic

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
I'm turning a room into an attic for a film shoot and was curious about what you think should be in there. I already thought of steamer trunks, old clothes on racks, lots of boxes, open and closed, a record player, and furniture, but what else? Any suggestions or photos of your own attic to give me some ideas? I'd really appreciate any responses.

CaddyKid21

One of the Regulars
Old dusty books
Bicycle Rims hanging from rafters,
An Old lamp
dusty magazines, like Time or whatnot
Rolled up carpets and fabrics for sure!

Just my ideas.

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Clothes in an attic would probably be bagged, not hanging loosely due to dust and so forth. Old luggage. Outdated furniture and equipment. Tacky gift items and painting you only haul down when the relatives who gave you said hideous items are due to visit. An old radio or TV. Dusty holiday items - Christmas tree or plastic light-up Jack-O-Lanterns.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Beat me to it.

Miss Crisplock said:
Rocking horse and dressmaker's dummy.

Exactly!
These two are the classic, Movie, scary attic pieces.
Especially the slightly evil Rocking Horse, which always appears to be rocking, slightly.

And there should always be a lurking cat, unseen until it gets startled and scares us. Preferably black.

B
T

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Piles of National Geographics
Baby stuff -- a disassembled crib, a pram, a bassinette
Broken trophies
A rusty bedspring leaning up against one wall
A gaudy tasselled lamp shade
A portable typewriter
Boxed board games and jigsaw puzzles
A teddy bear with one staring eye
A dim naked light bulb hanging from a taped-up wire.

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Depending on the period.
On our attic we have at least two computers and five laptops lying around.

(You just cant get yourself to throw that stuff out - not without removing the harddisck taht is. And since you don't know how to do that....they just pile up:mad: )

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
An old rolled-up rug or two. Lamp base without shade. Fez or other old hat or two (gee...wonder where one could find old hats...) Ceilling and walls would most likely be bare rafters - attics usually aren't finished with wallboard and such. Overhead bare lightbulb with the on-off chain pull. Stacks of old newspapers and magazines, perhaps tied with string or twine, and of course - dust. Lots and lotsa dust... ;)

The Shirt

Practically Family
Creepy creepy Charlie McCarthy puppet. Perhaps hidden behind something so you can only see one eye and half the horrible smile.

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
dressmaker is a great idea. Rocking horse is too, but I'll have to find a rocking horse. No trap door or slanted ceiling. Old dusty books, I like, bicycle rims and old magazines. I'll try to find a rolled up carpet. US flag would work. Trophies I like. I'm trying to find any many accessible things as I can without buying them. Paintings I can imagine, a christmas tree, and maybe a box of ornaments. No lurking cat. This isn't a scary attic so no creepy stuff. haha. I can do the sports equipment. Already going to have cobwebs around. I have an old surfboard which would be similar to skis. I don't have a marionette, but I have a lot of stuffed dolls and animals. Going to have a mattress up against the wall already. Could get the board games. Lamp with no shade I can get.

This is a generic attic (no specific period), but I'll have to think about the computer idea. Getting newspapers. I like the lightbulb hanging from the ceiling idea. Dollhouse I can get. Great ideas so far. Thank you all! If there are others, keep em coming.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy