Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Suggestions for what to wear with..?

rumblefish

One Too Many
I feel like I might do this too often, start a thread asking to match some clothing.
I'm wearing *blah blah blah* to my friends wedding- What shoes/tie/socks/blazer etc. ? Maybe a sort of "ask a question get an answer" thread?[huh] Just don't expect me to answer any of the questions.:eek:

If we have something like this already, I guess this question could be dropped there.

if not;

Well, I'm wearing yellowish/straw linen pants, a light blue check shirt, and a navy blazer to a friends wedding. First how does that combo sound and would black & white or brown & cream spectators go well? If not, a change-up for any of the clothes?

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
I would go with brown and cream for the shoes, as brown goes great with navy, and white might look strange next to the trousers. I am not sure about the shirt, I tend to be wary of pairing blue with blue, but it could work very well. What tie are you wearing?

Bugsy

One Too Many
rumblefish said:
I feel like I might do this too often, start a thread asking to match some clothing.
I'm wearing *blah blah blah* to my friends wedding- What shoes/tie/socks/blazer etc. ? Maybe a sort of "ask a question get an answer" thread?[huh] Just don't expect me to answer any of the questions.:eek:

If we have something like this already, I guess this question could be dropped there.

if not;

Well, I'm wearing yellowish/straw linen pants, a light blue check shirt, and a navy blazer to a friends wedding. First how does that combo sound and would black & white or brown & cream spectators go well? If not, a change-up for any of the clothes?

I'm assuming this is a morning or early afternoon wedding?

Mr Vim

One Too Many
I agree with Yeps on the cream spectators, and as for a tie, I'd say something in the beige or yellow arena would work nice, just make sure it doesn't match too much...

Post pics Sir, we'd like to see.

Edward

Bartender
Definitely the brown and cream shoes with the linen; natural linen is, to my eye, much more of an earthtone and the black and white don't sit quite right with that. The tie.... I would suggest something bright and festive; something that has yellow and/or blue tones will probably tone in best with the rest of the outfit (don't forget pocket square...), though if it can be made to work with the blue shirt (and I don't see why not), I'm a sucker for bright reds in Summer daywear.

Richard Warren

Practically Family
Since you asked, it all sounds too casual for me. Plus, the duty of a wedding guest is to not under any circumstances take attention away from the bride. Since you asked.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I disagree. Blue blazer and light linen slacks is a very classic, very classy look. And I agree that a yellowish or goldish tie would be good.

rumblefish

One Too Many
So, all agree brown and cream shoes..?

It is a midday wedding.

Based on your input:
DSC04183.jpg

DSC04187.jpg

I have other red ties, none as bright and bold as this one.
I do have one pink tie, but I don't know. I does have tough looking sharks and boats on it.;)

Thanks!:)

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
I vote for the first combination. It is classy and good looking, but calm enough not to attract attention, which should be focused on the happy couple.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner